• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online: Extra Edition to Stream Worldwide

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Accel world is Sunrise, and SAO is A-1 Pictures, so that's not going to happen
NeweDat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:31 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Accel world is Sunrise, and SAO is A-1 Pictures, so that's not going to happen

Well that just ruined my day. Sad

I just assumed they were from the same studio because of the rumor going around a while ago saying that they were going to announce AW season 2 at the end of SAO season 1...
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Well the studios themselves don't matter so much (they're just the grunts who are hired to make the show), its more who the producer is. But yeah, SAO is Aniplex and AW is Warner Brothers, so Aniplex would essentially be giving their competitor free press if they announce their product during their show. Think of it like Sony announcing a big game sequel on Xbox One during one of their press conferences.
TheSeventhSense

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:21 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I don't know, spending it with real people, primarily family, seems like a better way. maybe that's just me

Let's see, sit around with my parents watching Kathy Griffin be edgy, or a one time experience of worldwide SAO?

The answer should be obvious.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:29 pm Reply with quote
dude relax, it really wasn't meant to be taken that seriously
ReverseTitan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:45 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Well the studios themselves don't matter so much (they're just the grunts who are hired to make the show), its more who the producer is. But yeah, SAO is Aniplex and AW is Warner Brothers, so Aniplex would essentially be giving their competitor free press if they announce their product during their show. Think of it like Sony announcing a big game sequel on Xbox One during one of their press conferences.

That's incorrect. Sunrise shows usually have a (c) for Sunrise and only Sunrise and Sunrise is mentioned as part of the production committee. The chairman of Sunrise, Takayuki Yoshii is usually credited as executive producer on Sunrise shows. Same thing applies to Ghibli. Disney, Toho, NTV, Dentsu may be part of the production committee, but Ghibli is the studio for the production and Isao Takahata/Toshio Suzuki of Ghibli are credited as producers.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:19 am Reply with quote
jymmy wrote:

Please do not support fansub streaming sites. If you cannot access the material legally, download the fansubs. There are people who do not realise that those sites are illegal. They profit from traffic from their illegal uploads (fansub groups generally only profit from user donations, which they at least claim they spend on real anime merchandise). They are a cancer in every respect of their existence.

Plus, downloading fansubs is much better quality than streaming video in general and especially those streaming sites. They're just bad.

If you're going to pirate – by desire or necessity – do it in the right way.

Get off your moral high horse. Piracy is piracy, saying one kind is better than the other is absurd; especially saying one kind is a cancer and the other one is "the right way". I watch 13 shows a week and my computer is from last decade, I'm not going to spend half of my life downloading episodes for a mildly superior quality (that will probably kill my computer anyway, what with files getting heavier and heavier) when I can watch them on my SmartTV in half that time.

I appreciate and greatly respect the work fansubbers do, especially since they get little to no profit from it, but since there's literally no way for me to support them, it doesn't even make a difference. If by clicking their pop-up filled pages I somehow help to keep a site -that allows me to watch everything I want and doesn't even charge me for it- running, I honestly don't care.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:18 am Reply with quote
Is that blue haired girl a new character? I don't remember her from the anime.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:25 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:

it's Asuna's new ALO character
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:30 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:

Oh yes of course. I'm a dumdum.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:01 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
jymmy wrote:

Please do not support fansub streaming sites. If you cannot access the material legally, download the fansubs. There are people who do not realise that those sites are illegal. They profit from traffic from their illegal uploads (fansub groups generally only profit from user donations, which they at least claim they spend on real anime merchandise). They are a cancer in every respect of their existence.

Plus, downloading fansubs is much better quality than streaming video in general and especially those streaming sites. They're just bad.

If you're going to pirate – by desire or necessity – do it in the right way.

Get off your moral high horse. Piracy is piracy, saying one kind is better than the other is absurd; especially saying one kind is a cancer and the other one is "the right way". I watch 13 shows a week and my computer is from last decade, I'm not going to spend half of my life downloading episodes for a mildly superior quality (that will probably kill my computer anyway, what with files getting heavier and heavier) when I can watch them on my SmartTV in half that time.

I appreciate and greatly respect the work fansubbers do, especially since they get little to no profit from it, but since there's literally no way for me to support them, it doesn't even make a difference. If by clicking their pop-up filled pages I somehow help to keep a site -that allows me to watch everything I want and doesn't even charge me for it- running, I honestly don't care.

Kinda agree with the original poster there. Pirate streaming sites compete directly with legal streaming sites.

Downloading fansubs doesn't actually take that long, nor does it kill computers. If my crappy Dell laptop can play them, then most any laptop can.

Also, don't think the original poster was trying for a moral high ground, just that if you are going to be in the shadows, you might as well try to stay in the lightest shadows as possible.
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:14 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Cam0 wrote:

I do not approve of this change Evil or Very Mad

Edit: Didn't realize when the last post was. Sorry. Just finished watching SAO and remembered something about an ova being released.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2