• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: FLCL Ultimate Edition Details

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strategos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:25 am Reply with quote
I don't know why everyone is saying they will pay $70 for this...online retailers will have it for $45 including shipping. For a T-shirt, book, shitload of commentaries and extras, a collectors box with each dvd in its own case and a bunch of other extras when the original set would cost $60ish+ w/ none of the above listed extras? Seems like a winner to me. Can't wait for this to be released.
flclvr8780

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:40 pm Reply with quote
i cant believe i bought the whole series only to have this happen. it would have been cheaper to wait!
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:40 pm Reply with quote
If you have seen the anime it worth it
thedudewhosadude

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:13 am Reply with quote
Gah...damn it...I bought the box back when it first came out, along with the DVDs. I'm a sucker for extras though, and that book sounds mighty nifty...I've a feeling though that it's only the pamplets from the 1st runs of the DVDs put together. I'll end up buying it anyway though--despite not being able to sell my old box (got it signed by Kari)
Successful_Troll

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:52 am Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
NieA wrote:
biliano wrote:

Bonus items include:
- FLCL T-Shirt Postcard (Redeemable for one (1) t-shirt, size Small

Thank God you can actually choose the size for once, I hate how most other companies stick a Size XL shirt with box sets.

Yeah, I was going to ask you guys earlier today about this, but I got sidetracked with other stuff. So what do you think about Synch-Point's decision to include a T-Shirt postcard to be exchange for a T-Shirt of any size of your choosing? Personally I think it's an excellent idea, and if it proves to be successful, you might see other companies take Synch-Point's lead and do the same thing. A drawback, though, is that some of the international customers might not be able to take advantage of the offer.

I hope they do it differently then ADV did, where you pick up an artbox only to discover the t-shirt offer has already expired.
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Twould also be nice if these companies offered shirts bigger than XL, as I wear XXL shirts a XL shirt will not fit me, so in a sense a "Free T-Shirt" wouldn't do me any good. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
BLAST_420

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:20 am Reply with quote
Juno Reactor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Wow, is the above image really what the new boxset looks like? It's gorgeous!

Btw, I'm sorry for the massive bump here, but I just recently got into FLCL this past Saturday, when I caught the last episode on Adult Swim (talk about jumping in at the end!). I've been scouring the Internet for more, reading trivia and write-ups on its deeper meanings, and watching the first five episodes to catch up (although I can't find the second one). I can't believe I first dismissed this series as silly nonsense when I first caught a snippet of it years ago at a friend's sleepover.

It's an amazing series -- reminds me of the old SNES game "Earthbound," but with a ton of Freudian psychosexual underpinnings that make it the most interesting (and hilarious) take on puberty ever.

I'm totally buying this boxset, but I just want to know, is the above picture really what the boxset looks like? I ask only because I haven't seen that image up anywhere else. Also, I'm only beginning to invest in the anime industry, so I have to ask, are these boxsets durable?

Thanks for any and all info!

- JR

EDIT: It appears that the boxart above is NOT what the set will use. It's from a custom cover shop: http://www.sonryu.homestead.com/files/dvd_flcl.jpg. That's a shame, since that box is gorgeous. Hopefully the real boxset will look good too.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Juno Reactor wrote:
Wow, is the above image really what the new boxset looks like? It's gorgeous!

No, it isn't. The Ultimate Edition will be released in digipak form. That image is of a guy who does metal boxes with permission from the licensor. I believe his name is Paul Champange.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Juno Reactor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I know. See the edit I made to my last post before you responded.

I've seen the digipack at Synch-Point's production blog since then (along with the postcards, menues, t-shirt, etc), and I like it. What I want to see, however, is the collector's box that the digipack, book, postcards, stickers, and t-shirt card come in. The overall package, if you would.

Hopefully they'll reveal that soon. Its November ship date isn't far off now.

Well, thanks again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3