• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - September 9th - September 15th

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:33 am Reply with quote
Zac, I'm not really sure if a lot of the comments that have been made should be considered "crticisms" against the column. Most (not all, but most) of the comments have been fairly constructive in informing Bryan about irregulaties that are happening with broadcasts in relation to TV listings. Sure, a lot of the people who post here do know what's going on with the schedules in Canada, but chances are that the majority of Canadians who read this column don't. YTV and Razer can be really erratic with scheduling and can be notorious for rescheduling things at the last minute (ie: Case Closed moving to midnight) or not advertising things on TV or their website (ie: the showing of Ultimate Avengers last week which pre-empted all of the anime.), so I wouldn't be surprised at all if a lot of people relied on this column to get an idea of how things are looking in the TV landscape. There's no way Bryan can keep track of what isn't reported before hand, but at least by replying in the threads people can let him know whether or not the mysterious, title-less Naruto episode is a rerun or not.

I mean, OK, I probably shouldn't have phrased my reply this week the way I did, but I'm not trying to trash the column or anything. But I don't think anyone is trying to level and harsh feelings towards Bryan or the column itself for how it's being done... I'm still amazed that it's going strong and covering US TV in such detail, let alone Canadian TV.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Not to mention I can still manage to fuel my addiction to cocaine and Chilean nectarines. All is right with the world!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Now you just sound like my big brother about tens years ago. Truely scary!

Well this is gonning to be one hell of a Saturday night it looks like.

Hey here is a suggestion to stop(add too) the confusion about times, just put all times in Zulu time, that should make everyone happy Smile

But seriously though, this is great:
Quote:
Kabuto, the bespectacled ninja who has previously been reported as more than he seems, returns to seem more than he has ever seemed before! He has new orders, but with Kakashi on alert, will his cover be blown?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
There's no way Bryan can keep track of what isn't reported before hand, but at least by replying in the threads people can let him know whether or not the mysterious, title-less Naruto episode is a rerun or not.

I mean, OK, I probably shouldn't have phrased my reply this week the way I did, but I'm not trying to trash the column or anything. But I don't think anyone is trying to level and harsh feelings towards Bryan or the column itself for how it's being done... I'm still amazed that it's going strong and covering US TV in such detail, let alone Canadian TV.

Well, here's the thing: it isn't like Brian is watching Canadian TV, so telling him about some random last-minute change isn't really helping anything since the column's been posted and there isn't anyone who's sitting here on the site 24 hours a day over the weekend waiting for people to make corrections in the forums so the column can be updated. It goes up and it is what it is; telling Brian about last-second changes in the Canadian TV schedule doesn't really help anything, especially if it's something that's airing over the weekend or right after the column is posted. It's kinda like posting typos you found in a magazine on that magazine's website; what's the point? They can't really do anything about it, nor are they going to. It's just a mistake or an oversight, they happen.

You have to understand, as an editor, I'm going to jealously defend my writers. I would prefer everyone to be as polite as possible to them, and a lot of the replies to The Click come across as pretty harsh or "OH MAN, you sure messed up big time by not including this repeat of Eureka Seven that airs at 2am on an obscure Canadian cable channel! Ha, what a blunder!". It's annoying; people can't just mention "Oh, I saw this", it has to be couched in this "I'm smarter than you" tone that's irritating as all get-out.

I realize people aren't really going to be polite since this is the internet, but I reserve the right to defend the column and its writer and also explain why things are the way they are. I'm always going to act in their interest, and I'm always going to defend them (unless, you know, the circumstances are weird or something).

So I get what you're saying, but I hope you can understand this from my point of view.
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:46 pm Reply with quote
It looks like Bleach will be airing midnight on Adult Swim, with Trinity Blood at 12:30. For this whole week, AS couldn't seem to decide which show should come first.
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:59 pm Reply with quote
I must also say that we aren't exactly here to complain or get him to alter this and that. I mean some people are confused with what the hell's going on with Naruto on YTV (you don't even have to live in a different country to know that). If there is a mistake there isn't really anything wrong with saying what's wrong and then less people will be confused. Sometimes we aren't telling Brian specifically, we are just getting more people aware of the schedule. Besides there's little else to discuss here than TV schedules and their problems.

But yeah, I'm guilty of telling Brian of things change, I'll think next time.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Hilarious! I absolutely love reading your comedy and comments every week, Brian! Keep up the good work!

It seems Pokémon has moved to 9:30 AM on Saturday mornings now, instead of 8:30 PM on Friday nights. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon seems to have moved to 7:30 PM on Saturdays instead of Friday at 8:00 PM, replacing Pokémon Chronicles. I guess Chronicles is over, even though there is a rerun of last week's episode on a 7:00 PM this Saturday? Well, regardless, the only Pokémon I have watched in recent memory was Mystery Dungeon last night, and it seems it's on again tonight. I wonder, though, if that is a new episode or not...?

Anyway, Bleach is going to be great, and I want to see how Trinity Blood is. Naruto's "first season" is ending next week, which is too bad, since there are now only two new episodes of it left for now...

And Eureka 7 is on tonight! w00t! Oh, and v1cious, what do you mean by "they kept it mostly intact"? I didn't watch it or Trinity Blood on the Fix last night and I don't watch fansubs, so what are you talking (typing) about?
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Keep up the excellent work Brian, I absolutely LOVE your column. I wonder if WAM really is going to show episode 16 of SDK....they haven't yet. Are they going to FORCE me to dl the remaining eps?! I have enough anime dl'd the way it is, don't need to add to it. And I don't expect Brian's column to be 100% accurate. And for those Canadians that don't like "The Click", then I have some advice for you, DON'T READ IT! Simple as that, kinda like violence on TV, don't like it? Then don't watch it, no one is forcing you to watch all those violent shows on TV, that why a thing called the remote control was invented.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Hilarious! I absolutely love reading your comedy and comments every week, Brian! Keep up the good work!

It seems Pokémon has moved to 9:30 AM on Saturday mornings now, instead of 8:30 PM on Friday nights. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon seems to have moved to 7:30 PM on Saturdays instead of Friday at 8:00 PM, replacing Pokémon Chronicles. I guess Chronicles is over, even though there is a rerun of last week's episode on a 7:00 PM this Saturday? Well, regardless, the only Pokémon I have watched in recent memory was Mystery Dungeon last night, and it seems it's on again tonight. I wonder, though, if that is a new episode or not...?

Anyway, Bleach is going to be great, and I want to see how Trinity Blood is. Naruto's "first season" is ending next week, which is too bad, since there are now only two new episodes of it left for now...

And Eureka 7 is on tonight! w00t! Oh, and v1cious, what do you mean by "they kept it mostly intact"? I didn't watch it or Trinity Blood on the Fix last night and I don't watch fansubs, so what are you talking (typing) about?

spoiler[there's a certain scene towards the end where Renton loses it, and it gets pretty violent]

on anoter note... is it just me? or is the Trinity Blood dub really awful. i only caught half of the episode, but what i saw was borderline high school play.
Ragebot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
It's kinda like posting typos you found in a magazine on that magazine's website; what's the point? They can't really do anything about it, nor are they going to. It's just a mistake or an oversight, they happen.

I think you missed something that Pepperidge is trying to say, he doesn't expect or require constant edits in the actual column itself and we all know that it can't be 100% through, which is why the comments section is so important. For example, it's perfectly acceptable that Brian doesn't know YTV's Naruto schedule (after all, who does? Razz) and to post this, rather important, information in the comments section shouldn't be considered a jab at Brian, it is simply an important aid to other anime fans.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:53 pm Reply with quote
I guess this is my first time posting in The Click thread.

I still can't wait to watch Bleach on [adult swim]. Thanks, The Click.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:12 pm Reply with quote
This just in (and quicker this time): IFC Canada is playing the Ghost in Shell movie and the Cowboy Bebop movie on Friday the 15th and once again sometime on the 16th. Times for them on Friday and Saturday can be found at http://ifctv.ca/schedule/default.asp?dateDelta=6&scheduleTime=allday and http://ifctv.ca/schedule/default.asp?dateDelta=7&scheduleTime=allday, respectively.

(Keep in mind this is not complaining, but rather an "aid." The Click is not only handy in the column, but also when some anime shows up on a obscure Canadian network, it sure is helpful.)
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Ok I just watched Naruto, and is it just me spoiler[or did not all the people that made it to the final, show up at the end. I thought Sakara and the blond chick both make it. And what about the bug dude that beat the sound guy, I think he was supposed to be there too.]

It just seems some of them aren't there, or did I miss something?

edit:
Sorry Embarassed

But I would still like to know if anyone knows.

Last edited by Dargonxtc on Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Ok I just watched Naruto, and is it just me or did not all the people that made it to the final show up at the end. I thought sakara and the blond chick both make it. And what about the bug dude that beat the sound guy, I think he was supposed to be there too.

I personally haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Next time try using the spoiler tag as not everyone is able to watch these shows when they are airing and information like the kind you posted could be considered a spoiler.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:04 am Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
It seems Pokémon has moved to 9:30 AM on Saturday mornings now, instead of 8:30 PM on Friday nights.

9:00 AM and 9:30 AM, actually.
Quote:
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon seems to have moved to 7:30 PM on Saturdays instead of Friday at 8:00 PM, replacing Pokémon Chronicles. I guess Chronicles is over, even though there is a rerun of last week's episode on a 7:00 PM this Saturday? Well, regardless, the only Pokémon I have watched in recent memory was Mystery Dungeon last night, and it seems it's on again tonight. I wonder, though, if that is a new episode or not...?

"Mystery Dungeon" is a one-shot special, not a series.
Pokemon Chronicles returns with new episodes on the 23rd, after being pre-empted next week by Fantastic Four and the Teen Titans movie.
TakinawaTonfa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:24 am Reply with quote
Anime_Freak wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:
Ok I just watched Naruto, and is it just me or did not all the people that made it to the final show up at the end. I thought sakara and the blond chick both make it. And what about the bug dude that beat the sound guy, I think he was supposed to be there too.

I personally haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Next time try using the spoiler tag as not everyone is able to watch these shows when they are airing and information like the kind you posted could be considered a spoiler.

Shino (the bug guy) was there, and If you recall...spoiler[the fight between Sakura and Ino ended in a draw, so they both DID NOT get to advance. The only one who did not appear at the end was Sasuke, who was in the infirmary]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3