• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Borders Retailer Plans July Sale of Almost All Assets

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:23 pm Reply with quote
A sad day for book readers here in Puerto Rico with the end of Borders you can't even find comic books here let alone manga and with Bud Plant drop their manga section and Last Gasp just about the same that leaves Fantasgraphics and barely NBM who cann't fill in the gap and I had to change banks to get a credit card to buy used books from them online sobs good bye needed friend. Crying or Very sad
mike.motaku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Well, they sure are taking their time dying, aren't they? Most of the publishers stopped shipping them anything new months ago because of their inability to pay for it.
midnightshinigami

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:35 am Reply with quote
It's a shame the Ocean County Mall one has such a small selection. It's just a short trip for me and I would have loved to snatch up some books I've been meaning to buy.

But yeah, I figured they would have fizzled out completely by now.

The sad thing is Barns and Noble are doing the same things Borders did: expanding their music and movie sections. I figured that was part of Border's problem was all the other stuff besides books. That and Amazon is totally dominating in the book department.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
monkeyshinobi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:56 am Reply with quote
Well...looks like i'll be using amazon now...:/ There is still one more Borders sorta near me, but their manga selection kinda...meh...
ZipZapZopTitania

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Oh gawd no.

It's all because of eReaders. eReaders, I tell you! They didn't get into the eReader business. Barnes & Noble did. Everyone did except them.

Borders, please don't leave Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2