• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pupa Anime Delayed Until January

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CCharmanderK

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:07 am Reply with quote
I've already got my hands full as it is, what with Log Horizon, Outbreak Company, Kill la Kill and Gundam Build Fighters all currently airing, so this delay actually works well in my favor. And as I once heard a wise man say: "A delayed product may eventually be good, but a bad product is bad forever." If this delay is so that the show can be as good as it can possibly be come airtime, than I have no qualms in waiting a few extra months.
AnimenexuS

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:13 am Reply with quote
Well that's suck I was kinds looking forward to this watch
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:15 am Reply with quote
damn, now i have to wait 2 more months.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:25 am Reply with quote
*sigh*. I also noticed it was a 5-minute anime. Oh well, I'll stick with the manga till this airs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:48 am Reply with quote
Awwww I was hoping for it this month
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:55 am Reply with quote
Not sure if I'm glad or not. On one hand, I'm already packed this season, and I'm even leaving out some shows to catch up with later (namely Log Horizon and Ace of Diamond), so I don't think I'd have the time to watch it even if it did come out. On the other hand, there are a LOT of winter shows I want to watch (Dandy, Silver Spoon 2, Noragami, the new thing WIT studio's making, Sailor Moon if it ever comes out, to name a few), plus many of the Fall anime I follow is going to be 2 cour (KLK, NagiAsu, Magi, KuroBas, Yowapeda) so I won't really have much slots left in my schedule for winter shows. This is troublesome
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:11 am Reply with quote
Yeah, down season doesn't really exist anymore, I always have at least 15 or more anime every week. The real problem is how shows are all packed into Thursday-Sunday while Tuesday is virtually empty.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:36 am Reply with quote
^This so much. I generally don't watch anime on weekends because Mom's home so I can't use the Smart TV which is in her room. All the anime I watch comes out Thursday-Sunday (with the exception of KnK this season and Free last season) so I somehow have to pack real marathons into Fridays and Mondays (the only days I really have time to sit and watch anime for 3+ hours).

This year has been excepcionally good imho, not counting Winter 2013 which apart from the 2 cour shows from Fall had little to offer that was above "Decent" (that I've seen at least). I already stretched my viewing schedule (from 9 initially to 11 and now I'm up to 13 series per season) but unless some of the stuff in winter turns out depressively awful, I'll be looking at 16 shows when January kicks in (assuming Pupa and Sailor Moon don't get any more delays)
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:58 am Reply with quote
There's a ton of shows and I watch most everything... eventually. But I never watch most of them as they air. I can understand for episodic shows (Yuru Yuri, GJ bu, etc) but for everything else, I don't know how folks do it and not become frustrated Razz Better to just watch half a season in one sitting (6 x 20 min = 2 hrs)
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:10 am Reply with quote
Pupa will only have five-minute-long episodes so surely people will be able to fit it into their busy schedules.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:15 am Reply with quote
^ Where'd you read that? I reckon I haven't paid particular attention to news on this one, but I don't recall them ever mentioning it being a short
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:31 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
^ Where'd you read that? I reckon I haven't paid particular attention to news on this one, but I don't recall them ever mentioning it being a short

That info is flowing online for a white now, but nobody can confirm it. That's why ANN won't post it.

Here is more info. " Apparently the issue was that Pupa was so gory that Studio Deen couldn't find a TV station willing to air the series uncensored which begs the question what will happen with this new air date?"

http://kingarthur13th.blogspot.com/2013/11/pupa-pushed-back-to-2014-winter.html

Some people think it maybe originally 5mins eps, then they found out the manga is going to end soon. They changed their mind to switch to full length eps. That's why there is a delay.
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:39 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
CrowLia wrote:

That info is flowing online for a white now, but nobody can confirm it. That's why ANN won't post it.

Here is more info. " Apparently the issue was that Pupa was so gory that Studio Deen couldn't find a TV station willing to air the series uncensored which begs the question what will happen with this new air date?"

http://kingarthur13th.blogspot.com/2013/11/pupa-pushed-back-to-2014-winter.html

It doesn't make sense that they'd do 5 min shorts when presumably they've already produced full length episodes. Seems like it would also kill the story telling. IMO from that info, it sounds like the delay is in going back and creating a censored version suitable for broadcast after they could not find any takers
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:18 am Reply with quote
Ah, I see. I was just going off of rumour. You're right, it isn't the sort of story where five-minute-episodes would make sense.
goribigon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:10 am Reply with quote
is it possible that they would release an uncut version later for dvd/br ?
if that's the case, i should wait a bit. but who knows how long it'll take, if ever Shocked
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2