• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Getting To Know You

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Well that was an interesting survey, i couldnt answer some of the questions because i don thave a job so those were hard HAHAHA!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
WEKS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:41 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Driftroot was responding to my comment (...) Prior to your comment, no one had mentioned the need for more manga entries in the encylopedia.

I replied to WEKS by showing him ANN does not have enough resources to spend on both subjects equally -- at least for now. I didn't mean manga are not important -- I myself am more a manga fan than an anime fan -- but right now my hands are full.

For manga reviews: like Zac has said, there will be more coming right up.

You know I REALLY don't care about manga, at all, for all I care you can stop adding any manga related news/review/etc., I was just quoting ANN's FAQ.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
tripperdan99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Well, Overall Thanks to ANN for a fantastic site. Manga, Anime, heck I'm happy with ANN in many ways and the folks at the helm seem to me to be a great group of folks. This is done out of passion for the "product" I will certainly enjoy the extra manga additions too.

I appreciate ANN asking me for input.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:57 pm Reply with quote
I couldn't think of an answer for "How can ANN improve" until now.
I'm not sure if this is actively being worked on, but ANN needs a correspondant in Tokyo hounding the Studios for up to date PR, and reporting on whats new and hot on their TV, cinema, and high street anime, and manga shops. Someone who is fluent in both Japanese and English languages need only apply.
Nerv1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Please help I tried the survey and everytime I enter my e-mail address a get a message that pops ups saying invalid e-mail address please try again
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Sorry about that, I just fixed the bug.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:25 pm Reply with quote
600th post! WU TANG!!

I think I was the only one to have requested that they make people's MyAnime pages viewable through their profile, instead of having to scroll through that whole huge public lists page.

As for this survey, I enjoyed it very much. I felt like I was able to accurately describe how big a part of my life anime is (not that big, but big enough to consider it a "part" of my life).

I wonder how they'll choose the winners. I mean, is it going to be random? Or will it be like "Oh, this guy spends $200+ a month on anime and manga! Let's give him this free Trinity Blood DVD or this free PA subscription just because we think he spends alot on anime already, so we'll reward him for contributing so much to the industry!"?

I myself wouldn't mind the PA subscription if I won. I recently subscribed to Shonen Jump because I don't feel like going out to a store to buy it sporatically anymore, and I really don't like going out to get PA anymore either, so it should work just fine if I win.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:38 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
I wonder how they'll choose the winners. I mean, is it going to be random? Or will it be like "Oh, this guy spends $200+ a month on anime and manga! Let's give him this free Trinity Blood DVD or this free PA subscription just because we think he spends alot on anime already, so we'll reward him for contributing so much to the industry!"?

Random.

-t
mjgeo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:03 am Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
600th post! WU TANG!!

I think I was the only one to have requested that they make people's MyAnime pages viewable through their profile, instead of having to scroll through that whole huge public lists page.

Nope, that was exactly what I suggested too.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:53 am Reply with quote
mjgeo wrote:
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
600th post! WU TANG!!

Nope, that was exactly what I suggested too.
I also suggested it, although the "Read this before..." sticky in the Anime Forum gives some people a chance to give their lists more exposure.
syammarkhan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:47 am Reply with quote
Arrow can i joint to this forum. i m syam from malaysia. what title is different but people speak diffrent can anyboy tell me about this happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4