• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: CPM to Release Anime Online

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chap

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:07 am Reply with quote
I think its a step in the right direction BUT I think its a bit overpriced.

A company in japan just recently started someting similar with an Itunes type service where you can get each episode to keep for about $1 where hear you have to pay $2 to rent it.

I know this is a buisness and they have to make money, but I would be more inclined to buy these at maybe $5, and rent at maybe $1.

I want to support this because I have been clamoring for online distribution for a while, but this price point isn't it.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:58 pm Reply with quote
chap wrote:
I want to support this because I have been clamoring for online distribution for a while, but this price point isn't it.

Indeed... much of the point of digital distribution is that it could simultaneously increase profits and reduce costs, but few businesses seem to see it that way :/. (I don't know what commissions Google is charging, though).

Another point of digital distribution is the ability to reach a global audience, but it seems that's not the case here, either. This is probably due to red tape getting in the way again, though.

Ah well, I wouldn't have been buying anything without subtitle options, in any case.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Considering their money problems, I'm surprised CPM had the capital to cut a deal with the Japanese licensors to allow these titles to be streamed in the first place. Especially since they had enough trouble releasing Black Jack on dvd in the first place.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2