• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: BESM at ArtHaus

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michizure

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:42 pm Reply with quote
The press release is available at
White Wolf.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:57 pm Reply with quote
This is good to hear. I got to playtest the 3rd Edition rules last year and thought they worked quite well. Glad to see Guardians of Order's development effort didn't go to waste.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mischief

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:38 am Reply with quote
It nice to know that BESM will survive.

However, I would have to disagree about BESM being the first anime based pen and paper RPG. Teenagers from Outerspace came out long before BESM. I wish I could find my copies of Protoculture Addicts with the TFOS stats for Ranma 1/2 and Bubblegum Crisis.

I have many fond memories of "Our friend Mr. Railgun"
Strephon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:23 am Reply with quote
Not to mention Mekton, the Robotech RPG, GURPS Mecha, the Project A-Ko RPG...even Battletech, while it wasn't really an anime RPG, took a lot of its early mech designs directly from various anime series.

I suspect what was intended was more along the lines of "the first generic, universal pen-and-paper anime-based RPG released in the US," which would be more or less accurate.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Mischief wrote:
It nice to know that BESM will survive.

However, I would have to disagree about BESM being the first anime based pen and paper RPG. Teenagers from Outerspace came out long before BESM. I wish I could find my copies of Protoculture Addicts with the TFOS stats for Ranma 1/2 and Bubblegum Crisis.

I have many fond memories of "Our friend Mr. Railgun"

I think I still have a copy of the core Rules for Teenager from Outerspace. Found it at a used book store did manage to get a some friends toghter to play it a couple of times It was great fun.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1