• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nick to Strip Avatar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mint Mania IIDX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:37 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Ninja337 wrote:

It's called a copypasta, lurk moar

4chan catchphrases are not welcome here. If you want to talk like this, go to 4chan. We use proper English here.

I don't know what forum you're moderating, but ANN is the GameFAQs of anime. Proper English is NOT one of the first thoughts to come to my mind when I hear about this place. Also, I fail to see how that copypasta, which was completely grammatically correct and quite humorous, could possibly be outlawed. If anything, disciplinary measures should be taken on the individuals who flamed Kilga for posting it, considering Kilga's post wasn't flamebait.

PS - "Lurk moar" isn't a 4chan catchphrase.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:58 am Reply with quote
Mint Mania IIDX wrote:
I don't know what forum you're moderating, but ANN is the GameFAQs of anime.

GameFAQs is the GameFAQs of Anime, sorry to break it to you son.

Quote:
Proper English is NOT one of the first thoughts to come to my mind when I hear about this place.

But who do you listen to who talks about it?

Quote:
Also, I fail to see how that copypasta, which was completely grammatically correct and quite humorous, could possibly be outlawed.

Because it's derrived from a shameless, FYAD rip-off on 4Chan, who's sole purpose is to shit out shitting dicknipples, image macros, stupid pictures, and catchphrases.

Quote:
PS - "Lurk moar" isn't a 4chan catchphrase.

Close enough
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:20 am Reply with quote
Mint Mania IIDX wrote:

Obviously you're happier on other forums so it won't bother you in the least that I've banned you from these forums!

It all works out well for everyone in the end.
Kilgamayan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:25 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Mint Mania IIDX wrote:
I don't know what forum you're moderating, but ANN is the GameFAQs of anime.

GameFAQs is the GameFAQs of Anime, sorry to break it to you son.

GameFAQs has Fencedude and Edible, though. Hard to compete with that.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:28 am Reply with quote
Kilgamayan wrote:

I only have a very slight idea who the first one of those people are, and I don't like him/her in the slightest. I don't exactly know what it'd be competing against.
Kilgamayan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:31 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Kilgamayan wrote:

I only have a very slight idea who the first one of those people are, and I don't like him/her in the slightest. I don't exactly know what it'd be competing against.

The competition in question is general overall awesomeness. The Fencedude/Edible one-two punch is not easily equalled in such a competition.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:32 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
I've banned you from these forums!

Sad Not for me.

Goodbye Mint, my one true love ~<3 It was fun while it lasted. Crying or Very sad

Also, this thread has gotten very off topic. I just came to give my farewell to Mint and I don't know why the hell Gamefaqs is being discussed in an Avatar thread.

Edit: While I'm on the topic, on what basis was he banned? He didn't break any of the rules that I know of.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:29 am Reply with quote
Kilgamayan wrote:

The competition in question is general overall awesomeness. The Fencedude/Edible one-two punch is not easily equalled in such a competition.

Fags arguing about redundant crap on an cesspool of an internet messageboard doesn't exactly scream awesome.
Kilgamayan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:33 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Kilgamayan wrote:

Fags arguing about redundant crap on an cesspool of an internet messageboard doesn't exactly scream awesome.

Given they primarily talk about anime and are both really intelligent about it, your statement doesn't exactly speak volumes for ANN. (Remember, you said it, not me.)

You also seem to be equating the gaming boards at GameFAQs with the social boards. The gaming board are moronic, yes, but many of the social boards are a different beast altogether. The General Anime/Manga board happens to be one of these. For one (speaking of fags arguing about redundant crap), they don't have stupid arguments over lolicon or the legality of subs where no one ever makes any headway against the other side. I will certainly admit I took part in the former (so don't bother trying to pin that on me), but that doesn't change the fact that it happens here almost with regularity whereas it happens over there pretty much never.

Don't get me wrong, I like this forum enough to appreciate my ability to post here (if I didn't I would either leave or get myself banned). I'm just saying that you should check yourself for pot-like qualities before talking about the kettle.
Razer573

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Mint Mania IIDX wrote:

Obviously you're happier on other forums so it won't bother you in the least that I've banned you from these forums!

So you banned him for simply talking back to you in a polite and respectable manner without breaking the rules?

Christ, you basically "owned" yourself. Good job at handling his reply.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Razer573 wrote:

So you banned him for simply talking back to you in a polite and respectable manner without breaking the rules?

Christ, you basically "owned" yourself. Good job at handling his reply.

All the guy's ever done is troll threads here, try to piss me off and argue with the staff. He signed up to troll the lolicon thread, and it's obvious he doesn't like these forums. He's an annoyance, so I got rid of him.

Did you just sign up here to post this and your oh-so-hilarious image macro?

Last edited by Zac on Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Razer573

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
All the guy's ever done is troll threads here, try to piss me off and argue with the staff. He signed up to troll the lolicon thread, and it's obvious he doesn't like these forums. He's an annoyance, so I got rid of him.

Maybe it's because you people make posts that are about as interesting to read as a political debate between 70 year-olds on television complaining about whether or not taxes are too high or too low.

Oh, wait, I'm thinking of GameFaqs. You guys turn out to be as interesting as a documentary of watching pant dry. At least on AnimeonDVD the threads are attention-grabbing despite having some of the dumbest people on the internet. They probably won't be up your ass for a small and trival 4chan reference that nobody else would possibly make any effrot to at least pretend they give a shit.

Last edited by Razer573 on Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Razer573 wrote:

Maybe it's because you people make posts that are about as interesting to read as a political debate between 70 year-olds on television complaining about whether or not taxes are too high or too low.

Oh, wait, I'm thinking of GameFaqs. You guys turn out to be as interesting as a documentary of watching pant dry. At least on AnimeonDVD the threads are attention-grabbing despite having some of the dumbest people on the internet.

So then go post there and stop reading these forums. How hard is that?
Razer573

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
So then go post there and stop reading these forums. How hard is that?

OBVIOUSLY IT MUST BE EXTREMELY HARD IF I AM STILL READING THESE FORUMS.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Hahahaha.

Alright, this is way, way off topic now, so I'm gonna lock it up.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3