• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Ringtones

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:08 am Reply with quote
I don't know any.

Though, I am trying to get a live anime webcast to port as a ringtone. If I'm successful, ANN will be reporting about it in the news. So watch this space....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Cloe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:57 am Reply with quote
daxomni wrote:
First of all, midi's are terrible. Seriously. I'm sick of hearing that 8-bit Nintendo crap come out of people's latest $300 phones from 2006. Well, unless it's an actual 8-bit Nintendo rip from CastleVania or something, then I can understand.

The thing about those midi rings, though, is at least they're easy to hear! I have a cell phone from 4 or 5 years ago, and while its ringtone isn't anything to write home about (midi Bach), at least those loud, tonal beeps are distinctive enough for me to know the phone's ringing right away--especially if the TV or music is playing at the same time. My fiance's spankin' new phone, on the other hand, which plays some fancy song or another, blends into background noise really easily and he misses calls all the time. I guess we're still living in the late 90s at heart.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
daxomni

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:30 am Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
I guess we're still living in the late 90s at heart.

Heh. The MIDI standard actually comes from the early-mid 1980's but I get you. Phones use it because it doesn't require much memory to store MIDI tunes.

Lots of interesting information here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIDI

At home (my home, any home) it makes no difference, but when I'm at work and a hundred phones are going off I just wish everyone would put them on vibrate. You have no idea how bad I feel when I sometimes leave my phone's ring on full blast and go to a meeting or something and realize that it went off while I was away. I usually keep my ringer on vibrate or a really low volume but every once in a while I'm on-call and need my phone to be loud enough to wake me up at night so I can take any incident tickets that come in. If the first thing on my agenda the next morning is a closed-door meeting then, well, sometimes I can't even hold myself to my own high standards.
omnistry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Myxer Tones is your best bet to turning your anime MP3s into your own anime ringtone. So far I've made one for the Stance Punks song "Mony Mony Mony" and TsuShiMaMiRe's "Tea Time Ska."

Also, it's free.

EDIT: Just put "God Knows..." from Haruhi on my phone. Omega cool!
Meson

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:35 am Reply with quote
You can now use a webcast as your ring tone. Check here for details on how.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
The Seventh Son

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:06 am Reply with quote
i would LOVE to get an anime ringtone. i have ever since i found out they exist from Genshiken. unfortunately i dont want any viruses on my motorola. i love my phone though. the things built like a frickin tank. I've had the thing wet several times, even when i got sprayed by a phone when it was in my pocket. no effect at all. its also been knocked around quite a bit

a while ago i was told that verizon had added some anime ringtones, but i found zilch. now if theres a reliable site out there that has a ton of anime ringtones, please say SOMETHING. and i have a usb cable for my phone, but i dont know how to get it on the phone.

and you guys have some extremely kickass ideas and stuff. please....help!
EVA fiend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:31 am Reply with quote
I have a Motorola Razr, & as it's bluetooth enabled, getting anime ringtones on it was a doddle.

DaZ616 wrote:
Hehehhe, my Message Ringtone is" Victory Fanfare" from FFVII:AC( Just like in the movie, but not the general ringtone.)

Curiously enough, my Message ringtone is the Victory Fanfare too, but from FFVII the game. Razz
The ringtone on my phone is currently the Prelude tune from FFVII, but before that it was the OP theme to R.O.D OAV.
Asuka

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:07 pm Reply with quote
I've got a data cable I paid $7 + S/H for on ebay + BitPim for my LG VX 6100, and can import/export pretty much everything from the phone. Don't have to pay fees to get pictures off of the phone, and I can make my own ringtones in mp3 format to put onto it. I'll be getting an LG VX 9900(aka Verizon enV) shortly after Christmas, and will be able to do even more with that phone. It allows up to a 15 second video clip as the wallpaper... mmm..

So uh, yeah, summary: Check ebay/the internet for a data cable for your phone, you can probably get one without paying $60.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm almost positive I saw a program somwhere when I went upgrade shopping that allowed one to create ringtones from mp3 files. I'll go look it up, because I'm getting a phone soon and I want to have Inner Universe from GitS as the ringtone.

My mom has Thank You!! from Bleach as hers x)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Asuka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:50 pm Reply with quote
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

That'll cover turning an mp3 you have into a small enough clip for a ringtone. Size isn't really the issue with phones nowadays, but you probably won't want the 30 seconds of instrumental lead in for some songs as the ringtone.
cyb3r_sh@d0w

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:15 pm Reply with quote
i know this tread is like a year old but if anyone is still looking for anime ringtones u can go 2 http://www.mobile9.com/
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Wow! I am so happy to have seen this thread though, I have been wanting a new phone and then the SuperGALS opening some for a ringtone.
I called my carrier (Alltel) and my contract was up, so I can get a new phone at a discount, and I talked to the "ringtone guru" there whom I told "I am completely tech stupid and could he you me?" { Insert batting eyelashes here...} He pretty much said he had everything BUT anime, but if there was a way to get it, he would for me.
I should have this I hope soon and then I will smile every time my phone rings. Very Happy

*note to kiddies: don't try batting your eyelashes over the phone, it doesn't help usually.
Rakushun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:55 pm Reply with quote
http://lifehacker.com/software/ringtones/geek-to-live--make-a-ringtone-from-any-mp3-212232.php?mail2=true

This link told me everything I needed to load custom ringtones only my Cingular Motorola cel phone. They also suggest using Audacity to trim your mp3 to a shorter ringtone.

What anime songs make good 20-second soundbytes? Something jolly from Azumanga Daioh? A guitar riff from The Pillows? The Mikuru song from Haruhi?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
omnistry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Rakushun wrote:
What anime songs make good 20-second soundbytes? Something jolly from Azumanga Daioh? A guitar riff from The Pillows? The Mikuru song from Haruhi?

My ringtones range between 14-30 seconds. For anime ringtones I have "God Knows" from Haruhi Suzumiya, "Sakura Kiss" from Ouran High School Host Club, "Tank!" from Cowboy Bebop, and "Pinocchio" from Naruto.

I also have J-MUSIC ringtones of Stance Punks, the pillows, TsuShiMaMiRe, Th50Kaitenz, Asakusa Jinta, Electric Eel Shock, the Blue Hearts, Ayumi Hamasaki, Guitar Wolf, L'Arc~en~Ciel, and Peelander-Z.
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quote
daxomni wrote:
First of all, midi's are terrible. Seriously. I'm sick of hearing that 8-bit Nintendo crap come out of people's latest $300 phones from 2006. Well, unless it's an actual 8-bit Nintendo rip from CastleVania or something, then I can understand.

Yeh i know how you feel but some are pretty good, like the ones that are piano tunes like meteor by t.m. revolution
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3