• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Death Note Website

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Pretty cool I must say, and exciting.

As far as length. I am current on the US manga, which is roughly half way through, and if it were to end there I would say it would take more than 13 episodes. So doubling that I would say it would be more than 26 episodes, but I don't think it would take a whole 52 episodes either. So, sorry to say I think (unless what I haven't read yet gets even more detailed) it will would be best to fit into some kind of weird number of episodes, between 30 and 50.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Super Ska Master

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:51 pm Reply with quote
I think it'd be about as long as FMA.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Code:
That means I see quite a few plots being left out if they're going to finish the entire manga in 26 episodes.

i don't know how many eps that they are going to have, but episode number has nothing to do with reason in Asia TV.

maybe "second season" has other meaning to you or Americans. unless the show stopped for while then continue again after many months like (those American shows, few anime did that too) i wouldn't call it second season. 95% of Asian shows(not just anime) don't have second reason.

they can be 9 to 50 eps long.
AlterGenesis-X

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:03 pm Reply with quote
I agree, a trailer is needed, but this is certainly exciting news. Although, again, I am rather excited to see how the VAs turn out, as I noticed that Aya Hirano has been cast as well. I can't even look at Reira from NANA and NOT think great little Haruhi. I am expecting good things. Smile
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:05 pm Reply with quote
I don't think that it needs a trailer. Every one should know what this is about by now because of the movie. It would be nice to see one, though.
Super Ska Master

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I only want a trailer to see how the animation looks in comparison to the manga. That still picture doesn't give me a good idea. I expect this anime to get dubbed not too long after it gets released. Adult Swim will probably pick it up after Bleach airs for a while.
tripperdan99

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Super Ska Master wrote:
I think it'd be about as long as FMA.

Would make sense, if Death Note is that good why do the "Cliff Notes" version in 26 when it's better handled in 52 (or more)?
violetsquirrel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:34 am Reply with quote
If they do it in 26 episodes maybe they'll just end it when they reach spoiler[chapter 58?] Wink

Last edited by violetsquirrel on Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Super Ska Master

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:39 am Reply with quote
Or they could do the whole thing. o_O They'd make more money that way anyway.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:34 am Reply with quote
tripperdan99 wrote:
Would make sense, if Death Note is that good why do the "Cliff Notes" version in 26 when it's better handled in 52 (or more)?

Nah. Anything more than 52 would be stretching it. I still think it would be too short to try and get it done in 26.
Dernhelm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:47 am Reply with quote
if there will be fillers, i hope it will be about the Wammy House at least. Sad flashbacks of L and the kids who used to stay there...

i'm skeptical about Kappei being L. i'm too used to his um... helium voice. although a serious take at Twelve Kingdoms as the elvish creature Rokuta should provide encouragement. Mamoru as Raito is alright, since i got to know him first as Kiba in the very dark Wolf's Rain.

EDIT: head's up people! your first animated look...
I_AM_L

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! Ryuk sounds great! I am so importing the movies and the anime when they come out! Too bad I spoiler[die] though. Sad
DKL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Ohh... looking good!

Wait... why did I just feel like I saw Brad Pitt in there?
Saturn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:09 pm Reply with quote
woot, thanks for sharing that! the animation looks sexy! I hope it can capture the vibrance of the manga, but if this is any indication, it should be good. I'm excited!

Also, there's really no reason why they couldn't make some number of eps other than 26 or 52, right? I think 39 would probably be a good number ._. I just really don't want to see it go the way of, say, an anime based on a CLAMP manga, and get stretched out so thin its like sticking needles into your eyes to watch Sad I would be sad.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Dernhelm wrote:
if there will be fillers, i hope it will be about the Wammy House at least. Sad flashbacks of L and the kids who used to stay there...

i'm skeptical about Kappei being L. i'm too used to his um... helium voice. although a serious take at Twelve Kingdoms as the elvish creature Rokuta should provide encouragement. Mamoru as Raito is alright, since i got to know him first as Kiba in the very dark Wolf's Rain.

EDIT: head's up people! your first animated look...

Thank you so much! I love you! If I saw you in real life, I'd hug you.

The show looks like it'll be sweet! I can't wait. I almost peed myself when I saw that. I was so excited that I didn't make any attempt to understand what they were saying. Ryuk sounds hot, and they really captured Light's hotness (I'm so giddy that I can't think of good adjectives!). I love his hair. Anyway, thank you! I can't wait! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3