• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona 4 Gets 'Dancing All Night' Rhythm Game For Vita

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Leebo wrote:
Emerje wrote:
It's a serious game with some silly moments to help break up the monotonie.

And what does Rise being an idol have to do with anything? It's not like she's the only character in the game.

You're downplaying just much of the game is silly and/or frivolous. It's a lot of it. There's no expectation that the characters don't do fun things.

And I think you're playing it up too much. There's silly and fun, and then there's out of character. Taking a bunch of characters that are mostly shy and insecure and turning them into dancers is ridiculous.

Quote:
And... why does it matter that Rise is an idol? Because it's an idol dance game. Yeah, the other characters are going to join her. But you're making it sound like the idea of idols and P4 are completely foreign and unrelated.

Where did you get that idea? You're the one that brought up Rise, not me. And just because one character is an idol doesn't mean they have to start turning other characters into ones to.

Quote:
You took the game way too seriously if you think it's some kind of atrocity to show the characters dancing.

If there was a scene in P4 where the characters went out dancing I would have no problem with that. However, there's a very broad line between dancing for fun and being a dancer. This game is turning the characters into dancers which makes absolutely no sense.

Quote:
EDIT: Oh, one more thing. What kind of timeline are you proposing for this Sega theory? Sega won the bid for Atlus in September and on day 1 they demanded this game? Or did they wait until they actually had control on November 1st? I'm thinking all 3 of these were in development before Atlus was sold.

Yes, that's exactly what I think happened. They won the bid, made some character models, and slapped together a trailer. Two months is enough time for a company that makes these kinds of games to produce three character models and some simple game-play footage. The game is still a whole year away, it's obvious Sega just wanted to squeeze their own game into the event. There are a lot of companies that make rhythem games, it's no coincidence that this one is being made by the same company Sega uses.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Leebo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Yes, that's exactly what I think happened. They won the bid, made some character models, and slapped together a trailer. Two months is enough time for a company that makes these kinds of games to produce three character models and some simple game-play footage. The game is still a whole year away, it's obvious Sega just wanted to squeeze their own game into the event. There are a lot of companies that make rhythem games, it's no coincidence that this one is being made by the same company Sega uses.

Okay, that's ridiculous.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/25/persona-director-talks-persona-q-persona-dancing-future/

Quote:
“Persona 4: Dancing All Night, too, is pretty much done for the most part, but we’re about to make more dances and events for it,” continues Hashino.

Please stop being silly. You don't "Pretty much complete" a full Vita game in 3 weeks. Plus they didn't even officially get bought by Sega until 2 months after the original announcement of the countdown
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:36 am Reply with quote
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/26/persona-4-dancing-night-feature-remixes-japanese-music-artists/

Quote:
That said, this week’s issue of Dengeki PlayStation magazine reveals that the game takes place after the events of Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold.

Confirmed to be canon. I'm sure it was also Sega who forced Atlus at gunpoint to make it canon to the Persona 4 universe, too.
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Ignoring the fact that SEGA only officially claimed ownership of Index on November 1st, it's pretty unlikely this was a SEGA mandated project. Yes, Dingo worked for SEGA on some very similar Hatsune Miku games in the past. The key word there is past, SEGA no longer works with Dingo. Their last collaboration was in 2011 with Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Extend. Since then SEGA has developed the Project Diva games internally at SEGA AM2. As SEGA clearly has capable staff internally, why would they hire Dingo to make Persona 4: Dancing All Night? Because SEGA didn't make the decision to create that game.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3