• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Anthologies

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
^__^v

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:48 am Reply with quote
Are official anthologies published by official companies allowed in the database? For example, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Anthology (涼宮ハルヒの祝祭 ハルヒコミックアンソロジー) by Kadokawa or Little Busters! Comic Anthology Excellent (リトルバスターズ! コミックアンソロジー エクセレント) by Ichijinsha. There are many other anthologies with the words "Anthology" in the titles based on these franchises among the many franchises out there.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:57 pm Reply with quote
There's already one for the Haruhi Suzumiya franchise. However, you'll notice neither the Japanese nor the US English publisher has mangaka info on the cover; you have to buy the book in order to know who contributed what in the anthology.

While including those official anthologies is legitimate in every way, it could create lots of problems verifying information of contributing mangaka, particularly when participants are usually debutantes of the industry and have little information available online. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
^__^v

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Based on my seach on Amazon.jp, there are at least five "Little Buster!" anthologies, and two "Little Buster! Ecstasy!" anthologies with the words 'Anthology' as part of the titles.

And even if the artists are known, are they still accepted? The ones that are not licensed yet?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1