• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: BONES Animates Soul Eater Not! Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
RAmmsoldat wrote:
TsunaReborn! wrote:
RAmmsoldat wrote:
I've not read much of NOT, i did plan on reading it as i bought it but I've also resolved not to start any new mangas until i get a few more ongoing series capped off

I'm in the same boat, it is on my list of series to grab.

I take it this will be a 12 episode series due to its source material being so limited.

The series wasn't finished when they did the original and it didn't stop them from dreaming up their own ending. Noticeable quality dip though has to be said.

Well, they kind of had to. A weekly anime is going to catch up to a monthly manga very quickly, and it was most likely set in stone how many episodes it was going to be before going into production anyway.

I suspect it's already the same with Not!, and they've already set a cour number, and will work around that.

This is true but the original series had around 10 volumes (40ish chapters) of material to use compared to 2 volumes of NOT which has been on hiatus - I'm not trying to bash NOT here but I would have preferred for BONES to wait a little longer.

Either way I'm glad there is more Soul Eater material being produced; especially now the main series has finished.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:59 pm Reply with quote
I just hope that its a 13 episode series and not something ridiculous that tries to turn 3 volumes of material into 26 episodes or even 52 episodes and just has a weak second half.
mehh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I hope they don't f*ck this up like what they did to the original...
Cyberphobe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited for this. Hopefully they won't f up the ending this time.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
RAmmsoldat wrote:
TsunaReborn! wrote:
RAmmsoldat wrote:
I've not read much of NOT, i did plan on reading it as i bought it but I've also resolved not to start any new mangas until i get a few more ongoing series capped off

I'm in the same boat, it is on my list of series to grab.

I take it this will be a 12 episode series due to its source material being so limited.

The series wasn't finished when they did the original and it didn't stop them from dreaming up their own ending. Noticeable quality dip though has to be said.

Well, they kind of had to. A weekly anime is going to catch up to a monthly manga very quickly, and it was most likely set in stone how many episodes it was going to be before going into production anyway.

I suspect it's already the same with Not!, and they've already set a cour number, and will work around that.

Very true, but there's also ways to end a series and make room for more. That final arc threw everything canon in the janitor's bucket.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:29 am Reply with quote
Nice to see more Soul Eater, even if it's the spinoff. Perhaps this will bring about some more anime of the original story. With the manga complete, it'd be nice to see the whole thing properly done ala Brotherhood.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! Loved Soul Eater but there's not much of NOT! out at the moment. I also hope the original gets a proper ending. We'll see though.
Detrimont

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:51 am Reply with quote
i'm expecting there will be filler and (more) fanservice introduced(the latter because of the late timeslot)
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:12 am Reply with quote
As has been said they need not have made a concrete ending and just found a good enough jumping off point and come back later for a second season when more canon material was available.

Im primarily a consumer of manga however so bad or ill advised anime adaptations don't spoil my fun.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2