• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Christmas Anime To Ring In The Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:26 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:

I'm partial to the <strike>Christmas</strike>/ Yurie-chan Thanksgiving Day episode of Kamichu though. It is a bit silly that Matsuri gets so upset that people don't visit the shrine during Christmas... just a week before the shrine's biggest day of the year. But then, that's Matsuri.

Finally, somebody else mentioned it.

One of my favourite cute little details about that episode is that Kamichu! is set in 1983/84, so a Christmas flyer has easily-recognizable Nintendo Famicom (NES) and (an anachronistic, see EDIT below) Sega Mark III (Master System) consoles right at the top of the page.

Sega was cheaper than Nintendo back then, evidently.

EDIT: Holy anachronism, that is a Mark III, but it's two years early. They should have showed the precursor, SG-1000, which would have been available at Christmas 1983.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jamie38459

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:18 am Reply with quote
Didn't know about the Chocotto Sisters show, maybe I'll check it out sometime during the holiday or spring break Smile
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:34 pm Reply with quote
with chocoto sister try to apreciate how to make an anime with as small a budget as possible, it came before anime was made in flash but it uses the same kind of budget.
Sailor Star Dust

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Tokyo Godfathers is the perfect Christmas movie. Happy to see it at number 1. Smile And props to including the Sailor Moon S movie, it's a cute wintery film to watch.

Glad to see both Eva-01 and Neo Queen Serenity in the superhero moms list!
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:29 am Reply with quote
I'm shocked with how many people prefer the Love Hina special over Ittsudate My Santa. I enjoyed IMS, while anything animated of Love Hina just makes me feel ill.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6