• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What happened to my subscription?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:54 am Reply with quote
It's gone. I can't really remember when I last renewed it but I haven't seen any warnings (there used to be a message or something didn't there?) Plus, even if it was almost up, Tempest said he was extending everyone's subscription by a month the other day. So yeah, I'm definitely thinking this is a glitch or something.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:56 am Reply with quote
It's no glitch. The other day a bunch of us subscription holders were getting together as usual in our VIP lounge and over martinis and single malt scotch we discussed how ... well, how you just don't "fit in" with our social milieu.

I ... I hope you understand. Please don't raise this issue again or make any attempt to rectify it. Thank you.

P.S. Yeah, sounds like a glitch to me.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:43 am Reply with quote
It sounds exactly like the problem I had while 5.0 was still in BETA and I didn't get a notice of expiration. But yea, Tempest extending the subscriptions shouldn't have allowed that...*checks subscription status real quick*...they haven't been extended. I bought a one month subscription to tide me over until I could spare the $20, but I currently have 21 days left. HMMMM.

EDIT: To be fair, Tempest didn't say when he was going to extend subscriptions, so I take back my snark.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:18 am Reply with quote
Hmm. Okay. So chances are it just expired naturally and there was no notice because 5.0 doesn't do that yet. That seems pretty plausible. I mean, it feels like it has been a while since I payed up. And as for the extensions, I don't know. But if yours isn't done either that probably just means none of them have been implemented yet. Guess I'll just go ahead and re-subscribe then.

@Blood: You think you'll be rid of me that easily? I know things! Incriminating things! And I will leak them if you try to force me out. Laughing
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:50 am Reply with quote
I just checked my subscription status and unfortunately I can't tell if it has been extended or not because I lost track of when I'm supposed to renew. I currently have 3 months and 7 says left, which I believe is where I'd be without the one month extension, but I can't swear to that.

I know that before ANN 5.0 become mandatory, I was no longer receiving onboard notifications of PMs arriving. I don't think anybody has tried to send me one since the switch over.

Would somebody be a dear and send me a PM (one that has all your financial information including account numbers and PINs, preferably) so I can see if I'm getting notifications again? Danke.

(And yes, my forums settings are set so that I'm supposed to get notification of new PMs, I just confirmed that. I set that option from the very start and have never changed it.)

eta: thanks to the two rock-ribbed, cleft-chinned, chiselled featured sumbitches who sent me PMs. I am getting onboard notications again, praise be Allah.

eta 2: that's weird. I got the notifications for the original two PMs, but then when one of the peeps replied to my PM reply, I didn't get the notification for it. Very strange.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:48 am Reply with quote
I just extended all subscriptions by 1 month, so now it's official and done.

I'll get around to adding the expiration notification at some point...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1