• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, December 9-15

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:19 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Rather bizarre that the Steins;Gate movie didn't have higher first-week sales. The TV series averaged above 15k and a BD box set released just this year sold almost 7.5k itself.

I disagree. This movie sold rather well; it sold more than the average per volume for the TV series. If the movie had sold 10k or less, that would be low.

I am aware that the Steins;Gate movie has English subtitles, but I enjoyed the dub of the series from Funimation. Hopefully FUNi will license it soon and release it next year.

Also, on the one hand it sucks that Galileo Donna is selling very poorly. On the other hand, hopefully it means that the license fee is low for any R1 company to get it. Unless I am mistaken, Aniplex USA has not announced a license for it.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:54 am Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:
All I care about is that Free! managed to add a couple more thousand to its total sales. Hoping for a few hundred more next week, but eh.

Volume 4 had a lower first week than usual but made it up with a bigger second week. It's ~24.5k right now. It should hit 25k next week which is pretty good for a volume without an event ticket not to mention no drama CDs, extras, nothing. RAGE ON, FREE! Laughing Laughing Laughing
misfit-kronos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Question So what are the chances for a season 4 on "The World God Only Knows" to be made? If according to the majority, BD sales of yhe series are very dismal.
misfit-kronos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Question So what are the chances for a season 4 on "The World God Only Knows" to be made? If according to the majority, BD sales of yhe series are very dismal.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Who knows? Obviously there is revenue coming in from something other than disc sales. I'm pretty sure the Kanon CDs did pretty well after all. At the very least, I'm sure there will be OADs (DVDs bundled with the manga volumes) as that seems like the safest financial move at the moment. The disc sales for Goddess Arc weren't that much lower than the first two seasons.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2