• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Rhapsody in Pink

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamie38459

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:21 am Reply with quote
I heart Yotsuba&!, I only made it up to volume 5 or 6 but I really do enjoy the series Very Happy Shame that there will never be an anime adaptation of this though Sad

That first one A Centaurs Life looks pretty interesting, and my sister might even like this too even though she hates female protagonists she loves fantasy... might have to check it out to see if it's good or not though/first...
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:28 am Reply with quote
Jamie38459 wrote:
I heart Yotsuba&!, I only made it up to volume 5 or 6 but I really do enjoy the series Very Happy Shame that there will never be an anime adaptation of this though Sad
I pity the poor senue what would have to voice Yotsuba&!. It could damage her vocal cords.
Jamie38459

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:51 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Jamie38459 wrote:
I pity the poor senue what would have to voice Yotsuba&!. It could damage her vocal cords.

Yeah, you do have a valid point, but everyone else would have good voices... right!? Shocked
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I remember Jessica Calvello had to quit voicing Excel from Excel Saga after the first 13 episodes because it made her voice so horst she had to take a long rest to get over it before doing any other work. I would guess voicing Yotsuba&! would be a very similar strain.
Jamie38459

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Aww... hope she got better; maybe it was for the best that there's no VA for the show, I wonder if that woman even does that for a living Sad
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Jamie38459 wrote:
Aww... hope she got better; maybe it was for the best that there's no VA for the show, I wonder if that woman even does that for a living Sad
I wonder Laughing
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:00 pm Reply with quote
She doesn't have anything listed after Excel. That's not a good sign...

Welcome to the NHK's original novel is great. I never felt like I had to read the manga after reading the novel. I might check out the anime someday, though.

Pink sounds good, if dark and cynical. Kind of like the polar opposite of Yosuba&!
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:17 pm Reply with quote
I definitely think of Welcome to the NHK when I watch Watamote. It's pretty much impossible not to, given the similarities between them.

But I stopped reading the NHK manga eventually because it just got really ... odd. It really didn't stand up to the anime very well.

I always meant to check out the original novel but never managed to get it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2