• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tamako Market's New Anime Is a Film Opening in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myaow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:57 pm Reply with quote
That promo image is so cool! I love the tattered hair and her direct stare. I'm real excited about the announcement. I thought Tamako Market was precious but was bummed that the love stories didn't really resolve, so this is just a dream come true!

(I don't want to see either Mochizou or Midori get their hearts broken though... poor babies)
jet_

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Kreion wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:
jet_ wrote:
Also, shipping has been around for a very, very long time.
It's not a "hip" thing that started 1 or 2 years ago.

And it's not exclusive to homosexual pairings. Some anime are somewhat infamous for 'shipping wars' are het romance stories (generally of the harem/shonen romance variety).

What the op is on about is crack shipping, not shipping in general. I mean mentioning harems completely invalidates your point, because there's no crack shipping in them as long as it's character x Main character. Both of you are confusing shipping with stuipid fanshipping.

Let's use an example - In, say, Bleach you can ship rukia with Renji or ichigo. That's fine, there's no issue there - only renji has his feelins stated the others are implied but not said so we can only guess. Compare that to say Mirai Nikki, where Both Yukiteru and Yuuno are constantly shipped with Akise by some fans dispute blatantly loving each other and Akise having one-sided feelings for Yukiteru.

The former is Shipping - the latter is crack shipping. Of course you can go even farther by shipping shounen MC's with minor characters or random guys but it's all pretty nonsensical. And generally boils down to "these two characters are cool/cute etc. let's stick them together".

But you are right in saying that this isn't really anything new...though there has been an influx of yuri stuff recently. Look at Kill La Kill, K-On etc.

What Kougeru said was this:
Kougeru wrote:
theres really no hints at one of them being lesbian

And he's wrong.
It's not a crack pairing if the ship has a lesbian childhood friend in it.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:10 pm Reply with quote
If you manage to get through all of episode 2 of Tamako Market, and think that Midori is straight, then you really, really need to take off your het goggles.
nechronius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:15 pm Reply with quote
It looks like she's about to cry in that poster. I didn't think the anime series was that great (pleasant, but not great) but seeing that picture makes me sad.
sburstall

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:58 pm Reply with quote
I wish they would have done a second season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2