• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - September 16th - September 22nd

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:40 am Reply with quote
Nazonazo Hakase evil? NO. Crying or Very sad
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:06 am Reply with quote
Just want to add that YTV is airring 2B2B New Episodes Of Naruto Next Week, incase you didn't know I meant to tell you the previous weeks but alas I forgot:

http://www.ytv.com/promos/naruto/index.asp
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Pokemon in Canada? Do they come in bags there, like milk does?
What!? Milk comes in cardboard boxes. Man, get it right!Laughing

I don't know how many people are still doubting the Bleach dub, but after episode 2, I now confirm I wasn't having a hangover after loving the episode 1 dub!

Primus wrote:
Just want to add that YTV is airring 2B2B New Episodes Of Naruto Next Week, incase you didn't know I meant to tell you the previous weeks but alas I forgot:
Eh, speaking of that, did they even play a new episode yesterday? I was more interested in sleep than catching what probably was a repeat.
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:52 pm Reply with quote
halochief_90 wrote:
Eh, speaking of that, did they even play a new episode yesterday? I was more interested in sleep than catching what probably was a repeat.

It was a repeat yesterday. It was also a repeat last week.
Nebs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Renton has a bit of a Shinji-like crisis, when he comes to terms with the numerous people he’s killed and the fact that none of the Gekkostate crew particularly likes him. And with Eureka in a comatose state, the love-struck lad doesn’t have much of a reason to stay, really.

Heh, I was totally thinking of Evangelion while watching these episodes. ^^;; Well that & the original Mobile Suit Gundam.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:03 am Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:
Heh, I was totally thinking of Evangelion while watching these episodes. ^^;; Well that & the original Mobile Suit Gundam.
Well, it does seem to me that Eureka 7 will make a proper heir to the Gundam-Evangelion tradition of angsty mecha pilots! He even Runs Away (tm) now!

Mind you, I love them. After all, I love Shinji while half of this forum spit on his burning effigy.

It's really sad when people are saying things like E7 being lesser to the poorly-executed cliche-fest that is Trinity Blood.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:07 pm Reply with quote
halochief_90 wrote:
I don't know how many people are still doubting the Bleach dub, but after episode 2, I now confirm I wasn't having a hangover after loving the episode 1 dub!

I thought the episode 1 dub was okay, but I was a little disappointed with the characters in episode 2. For me, Orihime just doesn't fit and Rukia doesn't seem very good. Seeing Ichigo speak like that is kind of hard to get used to, too, but he's still pretty good. Mind you, I haven't seen the Japanese version, and I'm just basing this off of what I think they should sound like from the manga. ^^

I love the Naruto dub, though, (except for Sakura, at times) so maybe I just need some time to get used to the Bleach dub.

Oh, and as a side note about Bleach, the anime really flies through the story compared to the pace of the manga. O.O;;

Samurai-with-glasses wrote:
Nebs wrote:
Well, it does seem to me that Eureka 7 will make a proper heir to the Gundam-Evangelion tradition of angsty mecha pilots! He even Runs Away (tm) now!

Mind you, I love them. After all, I love Shinji while half of this forum spit on his burning effigy.

It's really sad when people are saying things like E7 being lesser to the poorly-executed cliche-fest that is Trinity Blood.

Seriously, though, I don't think it's good when a series takes seemingly all of its ideas from Evangelion, but it's still much better than Trinity Blood -- that show is boooring.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:43 am Reply with quote
Quote:
halochief_90 wrote:

I buy my milk in bags :-p
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I was thinking the same thing scratching my head looking at that post. If you have ever worked in a restaurant you know that milk does indeed come in big heavy bags. And if you worked in a busy restaruant you learn to hate those bags very much.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:04 pm Reply with quote
I would also like to point out that the Pokemon episode that airs during 3:30 PM on Fridays is actually a new episode on the station. That same episode also repeats on Saturdays at 1:00 PM.

Just thought you should know. Smile
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:30 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Quote:
halochief_90 wrote:

I buy my milk in bags :-p

Ah, so you're the one.
Iritscen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:34 am Reply with quote
I am filled with loathing for the crew of the GekkoState (not so much Eureka, but everyone else). I hope Shinji, er, I mean Amuro, er, I mean Renton, joins that '70s-riffic man-woman team and blows up the GekkoState for the Army. I would cheer. I am so serious.

My wishes for violence to come against them seem to magnify every episode, and "Runaway" probably doubled the level of sadistic urges I'm feeling.
rocklobster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:30 am Reply with quote
Why won't Cartoon Network stop playing FLCL? How many times has it been now? I HATE THAT SHOW!!! AND IT'S ONLY SIX EPISODES! Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1