Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight Winter 2014-The List


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nayu



Joined: 23 Dec 2010
Posts: 676
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Nayu wrote:


And honestly, why are you ashamed of being feminine? There's nothing wrong with girls and traps are awesome. Revel in it.


What? My statement was just talking about my fellow female BL fans and getting called "fujoshits", "landwhales", "whores", and the like. I'm tired of seeing people shit on my fellow fans like that.


When you say it like "I'd like to not be called a "faggot" or get mistaken for a girl and then get called a "fujoshi landwhale whore"." it reads that you personally as being called faggot, getting mistaken for a girl and being called fujoshi landwhale whore.

And honestly, try telling any girl you like yuri and see the reaction you get... Being called a faggot or insulted is far better than being treated like you're some kind of sex offender....

And seriously "fujoshi landwhale whore" is a bit specific of an insult, and creative, to not have been something you've been personally called.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bugnin



Joined: 09 Sep 2012
Posts: 575
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Admittedly I haven't been all over the world, but I have been in a good number of cities all over the US for cons and the one thing they all have in common is a strong yaoi fandom.

If there's persecution towards yaoi fans, I have not seen it, and I've been around a while.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gattix



Joined: 01 Jan 2014
Posts: 36
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Then why are we laughing stocks in the anime community at large? There's been a concentrated though not centralized effort to ghetto us and demean for decades now and if you don't believe that...


Exactly. I don’t believe that, that’s why I asked you to disclose your sources.

Chagen46 wrote:
I'd like to not be called a "faggot"


Easy solution. Don’t go to /a/. Everyone’s a faggot there.

Chagen46 wrote:
or get mistaken for a girl and then get called a "fujoshi landwhale whore".


But that’s what most yaoi fans are. You really shouldn’t go to /a/. It seems to be known around here that your sarcasm meters are nearly nonexistant, that’s no condition to be in to survive on anonymous image boards, and you apparently can’t even handle the anonymous part of it. When there’s no information about you, people assume things, that’s just natural.

You want others not to assume your most likely gender? Get a trip. (Then we can filter you)

Chagen46 wrote:
I'd like for shows aimed at me to not get shitposted in oblivion by homophobes. I'd like to admit "I'm a BL fan" and NOT feel the laughter from others.


I’ve been in plenty more threads than you, there is none of that. I’m admittedly more on the manga side of things there because what I like just doesn’t get any anime adaptions, but your levels of trolling are far beyond anything I’ve ever seen single individuals do. Especially gender bender manga threads are some of the nicest there are on /a/.

I take your comment about not having watched Symphogear until after G had aired as a confession that you’re even newer than I thought. Would you kindly lurk more?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TarsTarkas



Joined: 20 Dec 2007
Posts: 4006
Location: Virginia, United States
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Just because the mods are enjoying their holiday, doesn't mean that we can all start insulting each other.

Please cease this useless and quite off topic arguments.

Its the New Year, lets get back to talking about the new anime coming out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rivailloli



Joined: 05 Jun 2013
Posts: 561
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Gattix wrote:


Chagen46 wrote:
or get mistaken for a girl and then get called a "fujoshi landwhale whore".


But that’s what most yaoi fans are. You really shouldn’t go to /a/.


Just because something is a certain way doesn't mean it's alright to say such horrible things about someone. I agree that Chagen shouldn't go on /a/ because of the few people on there act like a bunch of children, but it doesn't excuse their behavior. You shouldn't be so mean to someone and call them a 'landwhale', or make fun of them over a difference as insignificant as interest in yaoi over yuri. That's just pathetic.

His behavior is annoying, but don't try to condone the type of behavior certain people on /a/ have towards others.

Also, just freaking ignore him. There's no need to reply to him anymore, many others have attempted before and never gotten through, so what makes you think you're going to be any different?
Just let it go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChibiKangaroo



Joined: 01 Feb 2010
Posts: 2940
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:02 pm Reply with quote
I threw out the topic of Wizard Barrister, hoping we could discuss how interesting the concept was but how woefully annoying the female protagonist appears to be. But that was ignored in favor of more flame war ;0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gattix



Joined: 01 Jan 2014
Posts: 36
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:
Just because something is a certain way doesn't mean it's alright to say such horrible things about someone.


I was just referring to them being women there. I’ve also written something about the insults part:
Gattix wrote:
Easy solution. Don’t go to /a/. Everyone’s a faggot there.


If that’s not your kind of place, then don’t go there, easy as that.

Rivailloli wrote:
His behavior is annoying, but don't try to condone the type of behavior certain people on /a/ have towards others.


I don’t. If you don’t like it, stay away. I’m just saying there is no more “mean bullying” of yaoi fans than of anyone else.

Rivailloli wrote:
Also, just freaking ignore him. There's no need to reply to him anymore, many others have attempted before and never gotten through, so what makes you think you're going to be any different?


Has he ever mentioned anywhere where that supposed bullying of all yaoi fans for 2 decades, by yuri fans even, happened? Because that’s utter bullshit, for a fact. If that’s all he has to back up his crusade against yuri, I can safely consider myself the winner of this discussion.
To me it really just seems as if Chagen is some kind of tumblr kid who stumbled upon 4chan and just has no idea about how that place works, producing wild conspiracies in his mind as a result.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rivailloli



Joined: 05 Jun 2013
Posts: 561
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Gattix wrote:
Rivailloli wrote:
Just because something is a certain way doesn't mean it's alright to say such horrible things about someone.


I was just referring to them being women there. I’ve also written something about the insults part:
Gattix wrote:
Easy solution. Don’t go to /a/. Everyone’s a faggot there.


If that’s not your kind of place, then don’t go there, easy as that.


I don't go there anymore, as if I'd waste my time trying to discuss a series when everyone else is busy spouting off insults at eachother, or whining about their waifu and nothing else. Sure, there are civilized threads at times, but to me, /a/ is just the other side of the annoying coin that tumblr people who care about social justice are on. I really don't care if it's the 'attitude' of the place, I'm going to think a lot of them are childish and just ridiculous.

Gattix wrote:

Rivailloli wrote:
Also, just freaking ignore him. There's no need to reply to him anymore, many others have attempted before and never gotten through, so what makes you think you're going to be any different?


Has he ever mentioned anywhere where that supposed bullying of all yaoi fans for 2 decades, by yuri fans even, happened? Because that’s utter bullshit, for a fact. If that’s all he has to back up his crusade against yuri, I can safely consider myself the winner of this discussion.


Yes, he's mentioned shit about yaoi fans and yuri fans and oppression of yaoi fans before and people have told him to cram it, but he keeps coming back and spouting it off again. You're not doing anything different than anyone else has before. So just drop it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 9294
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Getting upset over people denigrating others on 4chan is bewilderingly dumb. Everyone's going to insult and offend anyone they can because it's consequence free, but you don't have to take offense to it when you willingly visit the site. If you don't want to see hateful speech, don't go there, you're not going to force your opinions and beliefs on others who could not give a shit about them. (And to further ruffle your feathers, not everyone who posts there is a White Straight American Male.)

Back to anime, Wizard Barristers will save the industry with top notch animation and tit jiggle.


Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zac
ANN Executive Editor


Joined: 05 Jan 2002
Posts: 7827
Location: Anime News Network Technodrome
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:53 pm Reply with quote
OK, that's enough of that.

This thread gets back on topic right now - meaning discussion of the shows in the spotlight - or I start handing out bans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime
getchman
He started itHe started it


Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Posts: 8667
Location: Bedford, NH
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
I don't see Wizard Barristers. all is see is Space Dandy, Sakura Trick and Magical Warfare
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
ChibiKangaroo



Joined: 01 Feb 2010
Posts: 2940
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Yea Wizard Barrister is not in the ANN list right now. I don't know if it will be, I just saw it on one of the other lists and checked out the preview video. It seems like a world similar to that in Strike the Blood, but instead of having the protagonist be a fighter, it seems like the protagonist is some kind of mage lawyer who defends magic users in some kind of court. The idea sounds cool, but what I've seen of the protagonist makes her look kinda annoying so I donno...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spotlesseden



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 3513
Location: earth
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:39 pm Reply with quote
not much to watch this reason. Ohh well, maybe Pupa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blanchimont



Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 1844
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:19 pm Reply with quote
feuerwerke wrote:
If Studio DEEN tames Sakura Trick down to just another cute girls show I'm going to be furious. I wouldn't be surprised, though, since this is Studio DEEN.

Doubt it.

Several groups are also fast-tracking the manga because of this adaptation, so even if Studio DEEN does tone down some aspects(hopefully not), English-only fandom will still have a chance to peek at the original source material, or at minimum the early installments of it.

The art does not reach the same levels as in the source manga for the other upcoming yuri series, Akuma no Riddle(highly worth checking out), but it's still cute in its own way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Agent355



Joined: 12 Dec 2008
Posts: 4552
Location: Crackberry in hand, thumbs at the ready...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Uggh. I have to quote myself 'because I posted in the middle of a flame war.

Agent355 wrote:


Lots to be excited about this winter! I'm sure everyone will find something to like.

Wizard Barristers (because lawyers need magical powers!) looks okay, but the lead looks so annoying. Schoolgirl outfit, cutesy blue hair...and the "magical battles" look generic...

Hozuki no Reitetsu looks like another Part-Timer to me. A lot of potential in that PV. And the art design is unique in a good way.

If courts had magic, more people would volunteer for jury duty!

Anyone else get a "Part-Timer" vibe from Hozuki?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group