• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast Holiday Special 2013: Yankee Swap

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EyeOfPain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:14 am Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
Justin, I'm confused by your comment that Watamote is "one of a handful of shows that [Crunchyroll] has not cleared to play on non-PC devices". I've been watching it on my iPad, and as a test just pulled it up on the Roku. It works fine on both. In fact, watching it on iPad is how I grab funny screenshots to post to Tumblr.

Maybe it's a subscription thing? I've been an anime-only subscriber and recently upped to the all-access pass on the Black Friday deal, but I assume you'd be expensing a membership for yourself too, right?
I have an Anime-only subscription and was able to watch it just fine on the Xbox 360 app. You need to have your birthday set correctly (assuming Justin is over 18), and the mature content filter set to "Show Mature Content."
purplepolecat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Watamote disappeared from the PS3 app towards the end of the season, and I had to watch it on PC.

I would certainly watch it again, and I felt there were more laughs than cringes. Ep04 (stark naked butlers!) had me on the floor, and I rewatched it immediately. Nowhere near as bad as Hello Ladies, which I frequently have to look away from.

I was definitely guilty of many of Tomoko's self-sabotaging behaviors, but high school was so long ago for me that I can laugh about it now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3