• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Expert Anime Hackers

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:00 am Reply with quote
I can't believe I've read five pages of comments here, and no one has mentioned any of the kids from Dennou Coil for the hackers list. When I saw the title of the poll, I immediately assumed "Isako" would be one of the top-seven, with Fumie deserving an honorable mention.
tehyar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:56 am Reply with quote
I love coming to the forum to see my favorite shows trashed as if they are some kind of universally hated disease. Very Happy

That aside, I have no idea at all how to vote on Worst since I do a fair job of avoiding shows I think I'm going to hate. Unlike most, apparently, given the amount of hate that pervades. Razz I could only vote for "show I watched I liked the least", which would hardly be deserving of the coveted "worst" award.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:32 am Reply with quote
Now that I think about it, its actually hard to pick whether Aku no hana or C3-bu is the worst anime of 2013. The fact that both are 2 of the worst anime I've ever seen doesen't exactly help.
Sylpher3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:02 am Reply with quote
I voted for Eccentric Family as the worst anime of the year. Though objectively it probably isn’t the worst, I wasted a lot of time trying to like this (9 episodes) and it never clicked with me. It may be intelligent or insightful, but it failed to entertain. In fact, it was extremely boring most of the time, since I couldn’t resonate with the “family” theme in this show. I really regret spending so much time on this sleep-inducing series.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:09 am Reply with quote
Sylpher3 wrote:
I voted for Eccentric Family as the worst anime of the year.

StormVanguard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Ignatz wrote:
Sylpher3 wrote:
I voted for Eccentric Family as the worst anime of the year.

Banjo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:42 pm Reply with quote
I haven't watched everything, I gave Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai though. Twisted Evil
trilaan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:35 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
I can't believe I've read five pages of comments here, and no one has mentioned any of the kids from Dennou Coil for the hackers list. When I saw the title of the poll, I immediately assumed "Isako" would be one of the top-seven, with Fumie deserving an honorable mention.

"Boku, Satchi!"

You're right, that is pretty terrible. I just did not think of it.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:

I feel so ashamed. And I even have a couple of the R2 disks, too (they came with storyboards, I really wanted the storyboards for the fight between Yasako and the computer club).

I wish someone would license this series. I've been tempted to import the R3 disks from Australia.
grooven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quote
I would say Oreimo took a nose dive for the second half.
Sailor S wrote:
Riki is the worst Key protagonist I've ever seen, and frankly I just want to see him fail. So, this show gets the tag of the worst because I expect much better out of a Key property.
If you actually paid attention to the story you would know why he is the way he is. A really stupid way to rate a second season of a show based on the protagonist, rather than the overall show. The show was fine, far from being the worst.
StormVanguard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:17 pm Reply with quote
grooven wrote:
I would say Oreimo took a nose dive for the second half.
Sailor S wrote:
Riki is the worst Key protagonist I've ever seen, and frankly I just want to see him fail. So, this show gets the tag of the worst because I expect much better out of a Key property.
If you actually paid attention to the story you would know why he is the way he is. A really stupid way to rate a second season of a show based on the protagonist, rather than the overall show. The show was fine, far from being the worst.

It wasn't attack on titan what do you expect.
Pretty much if it doesn't hold our interest or we don't agree with said protagonists personality it's automatically s***, and we all have to listen to that reasoning as if said person is a preacher enlightening us.
Stall_19

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
Stall_19 wrote:
The worst thing I watched this year was Devil Survivor 2. There was nothing fun or interesting about that show.

You seriously don't watch many series then if that is your worst.

Psycho-Pass
Chihayafuru S2
The Devil is a Part-Timer
Flowers of Evil
Red Data Girl
Valvrave the Liberator
Gargantia
Attack on Titan
Devil Survivor 2
Watamote
Servant x Service
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya
Free!
Love Lab
Silver Spoon
The Eccentric Family
Railgun S2
Danganronpa
Gotchaman Crowds
Galilei Donna
Kyousougiga
White Album 2
Golden Time
Nagi no Asukara
Beyond the Boundary
Samurai Flamenco
Kill la Kill

Don't assume shit.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:25 pm Reply with quote
trilaan wrote:
I would even go so far as to say Danganronpa is among the worst anime of all time.

It's the first anime that I ever gave a Worst Ever rating to. That's how abominable it is.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Don't assume shit.

Cute, your just very picky with your anime, you still managed to avoid some of the more vocal "worst of" and depending on who you ask Beyond the Boundary wasn't exactly a strong narrative either, but if you are going to say DS2 is worst out of the list, have at you.

(though out of that list, Red Data Girl would be a strong candidate for what I did see this year)
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:00 am Reply with quote
I voted for Diabolik Lovers. I watched the first ep hoping for a "so bad its good" type show, but it's just offensively awful.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7