• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Beywheelz Sequel Series Premieres in Canada on Saturday

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gasero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:07 am Reply with quote
I'm so surprised that Beyblade lasted this long in the West and Japan. I was sure the toys were a fad but it seems they may still be selling.

Either that or Beyblade may be a more compelling show than I give it credit for.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:24 am Reply with quote
I still find the original series very fun, even though the second season wasn't thought out that well(even for a show about magical tops). That show had an interesting progression. The first season was a bit of learning curve and had to introduce all the concepts, the second took itself far too seriously, and the third had a near-perfect understanding of what it was and gave you a good balance between story and marketing a toy.

I could never get into the Metal Fight series because subtitled versions were so hard to come by, and the dub is what it is. Combine that with just getting older, and it's been on the peripheral for me for a long time. Apparently Zero-G stars a whole new cast, so I missed out on whatever Ginga Hagane did.

And, at the risk of sounding very much like a weeaboo, it's slightly off-putting how much Nelvana has dipped their hands in the production over time, but that's probably the reason more Beyblade even exists, so...
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I agree that the 1st three seasons of beyblade (aka the original beyblade) were the best. I feel like the story, cast and even voice acting was enjoyable. I did my hardest to try and like metal fusion but just couldn't (maybe because the beys became simpler in design and the beasts became normal animals idk). I guess I should say "good for you" to the franchise for lasting this long, but I feel its being run into the ground. "Beywheelz"...really? Age is probably a factor too since I watched the show when I was still in elementary school

Also, in terms of Canada and anime, why can't we get a decent anime show on the air? Out of all the channels available across all of Canada, not one is showing anime. In the past we had most anime appear on ytv, superchannel and some other network (whose name I forget) that used to show black lagoon. Now the only things we have are yugioh, beyblade^ and the legend of korra (not anime). Yes, Saturday morning cartoons is what makes up the anime shown in the country.

I understand that they're not going to bring back Bionix like they did with Toonami in the states, but can we get like a midnight showing of one episode of Bleach and InuYasha once per week? C'mon this is ridiculous...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1