• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
UK Anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sosuke Aizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:00 pm Reply with quote
I've been watching anime for a while now and i started to want to watch it on TV instead of on my computer.
I did some research and found out that anime dissapeard from uk tv. I want some suggestions on what channels i can find anime on in england and any other ways to watch anime apart from my computer.
Thanks
Xagor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Basically doesn't exist over here at the moment, at least in the traditional sense. (Not even sure if any of the kids shows are around anymore).

You can however find some smart TVs (like Panasonic) can get the Crunchyroll app, so you can use that to watch anime on TV.

There is an East Asian TV channel launching later in the year on Sky:
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-08/east-asia-television-channel-launching-2014-including-anime
Sosuke Aizen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:47 am Reply with quote
Thanks so much!
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote
There's never been anime on terrestrial TV other than kids fare like Digimon and occasional things like Laputa and Akira.
SciFi used to do anime on cable and satellite but that was a long time ago.
There have been two attempts since to launch an anime channel on Freesat (Anime Central and The Anime Network UK), neither have lasted long (and since neither were on cable, I never got to experience them).

The Crunchyroll app is also available on some Samsung TVs. There is a Crunchyroll app for the PS3 if you have one connected to your TV, but you need a US account to download it for reasons unknown.

There is some anime on Crackle which is available on Sony smart TVs, and I wouldn't be surprised if they added Animax at some point (my Sony set doesn't arrive till tomorrow)

You can also get streaming boxes like Roku to connect to TVs, and some TVs and BD/DVDs players can also play media from USB drivers or stream over DLNA from a PC.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
lilbuta

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Film4 have been quite good at showing the occasional anime film if you're not adverse. That's available on FreeView.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Locking for necroposting.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1