• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crowdsourcing - Anime/Manga/Merch.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrMonttu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Want some scifi/mech action?
There is currently pretty sweet animation film on Kickstarter called Implosion: ZERO_DAY by Rayark Inc. It is based in the same universe with the award winning ARPG Implosion - Never Lose Hope for iOS and Android. It will be full feature film and creator says it will be around 90 mins long. The anime also will be PG-13 type film as far as language, violence and sexual content are concerned. This blog post is also informative and worth to check out.

The project is kickstarter staff pick and it is Featured project in Film & Video for Dec 15.

I am one of the backers myself and I have backed 51 projects before this one, but I have never bothered with films/videos before. Implosion: ZERO_DAY just hits to the honey spot...the art looks stunning and the animation looks smooth already on the teaser trailer, which you can check out FROM HERE. The theme and setting is also pretty tempting...and damn, it is full feature film. All this together, made it pretty easy for me to jump aboard.
What you think about this project or its art?

The Kickstarter campaign is offering a huge range of rewards such as life-sized film replicas, Blu-ray copies of the film, designer clothing, and rare collectibles. I have picked the 45$ tier myself which gives you pretty nice stuff for your money. The tier is limited to 850 backers, so hurry up, if you want to pick the same one. Wink

So, check it out and back it, if you like what you see! Most importantly... spread the word! ^^

Dante_Cubit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:45 am Reply with quote
Woooo!! 3/4 of the way there with 10 days to go!
Dante_Cubit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:48 am Reply with quote
Anyone on here had a chan to check this out yet?
MrMonttu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:17 am Reply with quote
Dante_Cubit wrote:
Anyone on here had a chan to check this out yet?

People should atleast imo. ^^ The newest announcements are just making this project look even better. Razz

Latest additions to the team:
  • Donna Burke - Music (singer)
  • Kevin Penkin - Music (composer)
  • John Kurlander - Music (sound engineeer)
  • Matt Yen-Juan Chiang - Senior Software engineer (Walt Disney Studios)
  • Stephanie Sheh - Voice actor
  • Stefanie Joosten - Voice actor
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Animeigo updated with a mention that the OnV Blu-Ray is now tentatively scheduled for late March. Also, rare Daicon goods up for auction.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:42 am Reply with quote
Hmmm...this wasn't posted in this thread so then:

Pied Piper, Inc. to Crowdfund a DVD/BD Release of Skip Beat! on Indiegogo. Its not live until March 1.

Ann from Pied Piper is taking questions on Blu-ray.com about the release in the anime forum if anyone is interested.
Tempest_Wing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:08 am Reply with quote
ANN did an article on this, but I'll add it here anyway because it seems appropriate. A Kickstarter was created for the anime CHIKA☆CHIKA IDOL billed as "...an idol anime project, brought to you by the director of A Certain Magical Index and Azumanga Daioh, Hiroshi Nishikiori."

Here's the Japanese kickstarter page on Makuake.
Official Website
WTK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Riding Bean High Octane Edition Anime Blu-ray

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/madoverlord/riding-bean-high-octane-edition-anime-blu-ray

It already hit its initial goal within the 1st hour.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Nice. They did a great job with the Bubblegum Crisis set, and the Otaku no Video should be done soon. Too bad the Canadian dollar is such shit (and also shipping to Canada is $20 wtf?) or I'd get right on this.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:17 pm Reply with quote
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/skip-beat-anime-english-dub-for-north-america#/

So, not really looking good for Skip Beat. About halfway through the campaign and its barely 10% of the way there. Thats a shame, I was looking forward to this one. haven't donated yet but am wondering if its worth it cause unlike KS, Indiegogo takes your money anyway even if the campaign fails right?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:20 pm Reply with quote
@publicenemy333

Relax, don't panic just yet.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:16 pm Reply with quote
My main problem is two things:
1) I'm not as familiar with Indigogo as with Kickstarter. This is mostly because all the webcomics and stuff tend to go with Kickstarter. I really don't want to have to sign up for a new site now.
2) I collect the manga, which is still ongoing, I don't see a tremendous need to own the anime regardless, sadly. Every so often I see a need to own both (like Legend of the Galactic Heroes), but it's very very rare.

But even between these, I'd probably sign up for a swag-only tier if it were on Kickstarters, I believe.

@publicenemy
Unlike Kickstarter, Indigogo has the option to take the money, regardless if it makes it. And yeah, Skip Beat is using that option.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:32 pm Reply with quote
publicenemy333 wrote:
So, not really looking good for Skip Beat. About halfway through the campaign and its barely 10% of the way there. Thats a shame, I was looking forward to this one. haven't donated yet but am wondering if its worth it cause unlike KS, Indiegogo takes your money anyway even if the campaign fails right?

I wish the campaign were a little clearer, because I've seen on several sites people stating that they weren't supporting it because it wasn't KS and because they would lose their money if the campaign was not a success. From the comments section:
Quote:
Lauren Miller
4 days ago
I’m assuming since people will be paying by Paypal you will refund it if the funding doesn’t go through? Or will people get charged only if the funding is a success? It’s been a while since I used IndieGoGo. So I’m unsure of how it works. I know with Kickstarter people will only get charged if it’s funded.

Ann Yamamoto
Campaigner 3 days ago
Thank you so much for your support!!! If we don't get enough funds to produce the rewards, yes, we will issue refunds. Don't worry - we won't take your money and give you nothing in return!!!

And earlier:
Quote:
steven gill
15 days ago
I’m trying to help by spreading the word, but a common question that is asked that I don’t have clear answer for is “What happens to our money if the project doesn’t succeed.” The fear of people getting nothing for their pledge if it doesn’t make it is keeping a few of the people I talk to from pledging until we are closer to success. So if there is a better answer to the question I would love to hear it so I can try to get as many people to back this as possible.

Ann Yamamoto
Campaigner 15 days ago
Thank you for being an evangelist for Skip Beat! You know me from Time of EVE. I will not leave rewards unfulfilled.

My impression is if they get enough money but don't reach their goal people who pledged will still get rewards, but if they don't hit a certain amount then they will refund. Ann said she was going to be on ANNCast so hopefully she can clear up some of these questions and people's worries. I think information not being clear and people just repeating what they've heard on forums (that you lose your money if it doesn't hit its goal) is hurting the campaign.

I wouldn't mind some more clarification myself, but unfortunately due to some unforeseen expenses I may not be able to support this. I'll have to wait to the end to see how my finances are doing this month.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Well looks like Skip Beat! has now been moved from indiegogo to Kickstarter. So people who were uncomfortable with indiegogo will now have the opportunity to pledge on Kickstarter.

Skip Beat! KS
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:04 am Reply with quote
Well with about a day under their belts Skip Beat! has hit $41,641. I'd say they are off to a decent start. Here's hoping they are able to reach their goal.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 23 of 30