• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Kite Film's 1st Trailer Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:07 am Reply with quote
Looks interesting so far, but I'm not sure how to take it yet. And it looks like they're taking out the plot about her earrings which is too bad. And I'm guessing no hentai scenes will be in there haha.

And is it just me or does Sawa seem a little more pissed than she was in the anime? Now she just seems like an angry girl.

And what does he mean that he read the manga? Now it seems like he doesn't know what show he's talking about lol.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:18 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
It's not at all hard to find the uncut versions in the US, you can easily buy them at Rightstuf this instant. I have a feeling this movie won't generate any buzz for the media to even take notice, but I will look forward to when Brad Jones & co. go review it.

Man, I've been looking in all the wrong places... :/
nhat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:39 am Reply with quote
Anyone have any idea when this would be released?
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:36 am Reply with quote
No thanks, I'm gonna stick with the anime.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:19 am Reply with quote
msgundam2 wrote:
Wait is Samuel L. Jackson playing Akai the step father that rapes Sawa at like 14!?
I don't have a problem with it in anime but I know the main stream media will. I don't want to see douche bag news and government people taking about hentai. It will be Rapeplay all over again.

Has anyone working on this watched the uncensored OVA?

It's not like that scene is going to happen even in a flashback as the movie is already different from the anime with the clips seen imo.

Looks like they took Hit Girl from Kick Ass and ramped up the anger.
ActionJacksin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:41 am Reply with quote
There's no denying that it looks like a straight to DVD flick, and the pedestrian cinematography with bog-standard action movie "rapid-fire" editing don't do Umetsu's animation justice. In all honesty this feels like the live action 90s Fist of the North Star flick, in that it has people working on it who know the source material but their middling budget and different film-making sensibilities hold the project back.

Wonder how they'll handle the more "controversial" bits from the OAV. I know they were a commercial demand from Green Bunny so they would give Umetsu a budget, but they were integral to the OAV in my opinion, insofar as developing Sawa's character and her relation to Akai.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:19 pm Reply with quote
FFS, they're not going to keep the hentai in a live-action film version of Kite. I feel squeamish enough seeing the trailer for a 33-year old film like Ms. 45. So I don't think the filmmakers want to deal with even bigger backlash, and be accused of exploiting a girl best known for a crappy family sitcom.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:38 am Reply with quote
This seems like a waste of time. This lack of focus is unacceptable. You know it will fail and be swept into obscurity. Anyone who believes that movies are really made to generate money, need to reread that a "live action Kite" is being made. Then slap yourself. Its not April yet. This is a joke. Welcome to 2014.
Inosaska

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:22 pm Reply with quote
This does not belong as a live action film.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2