• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
D-Fragments (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Watching the latest episode (8) I started wondering why it was working so well. It does get more than a few good laughs per episode.

Then I realized that whoever is writing this has a superb sense of comedic timing. In fact everything relies on it and the few times where it doesn't work it becomes very noticeable. I can't think of another anime that does it so well. The jokes themselves are nearly totally unfunny.

The "flat" jokes fell completely flat.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Oh God, Takao x Kenji when?! Pretty funny episode. Roka was funny as hell with the way she used to pass time. Anyways yeah...I think Takao is probably the breakout character in this show imo similar to Blue Steel. (funny how they have the same name too)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:05 am Reply with quote
Those dudes standing in line were true bros. If only gamers could get along so well in real life Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Next week it's spoiler[imouto] time!
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Next week it's spoiler[imouto] time!

It is about time.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Well, considering that virtually every other female that Kenji knows is off-the-charts crazy, I don't see his little sister being any different. No wonder the poor sonuvabitch is constantly yelling.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Actually spoiler[being the straight man] is a genetic trait of the Kazama family Laughing
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Someone pointed out that the woman in the flashback with the fire and Sean Connery was actually Takao's mom. That woman mentioned having 3 daughters and she looks exactly like Takao's mom.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:22 pm Reply with quote
So cute. Vaisaga does Roka's little sister make an appearance too? This is the 2nd time she has been mentioned.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:18 pm Reply with quote
She does, but the anime won't make it that far. She goes to a different school because she was too dumb to get into her sister's.

Another hilarious episode. Funabori was great, Takao was great, and of course Noe was great. The way she switches to "onii-chan" when upset is adorable. Kenji was great as well. I love the look on his face when Noe tells him she went to his club. And then he buys ice cream for her, which is sweet.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Ha, Kenji's little spoiler[sister is awesome. I recognized her right away with that signature hair.] Regarding that spoiler[bento] though....perhaps there's more than just love in it for Kenji? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Man those are really some powerful bewbs. Blood- must be in heaven.

I love the last punch line: spoiler["Why is that the first thing that popped into your heads?!"] Great setup -- perfect timing.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:08 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Yeah, this episode felt very well done, the jokes felt spot on, even repeated or running gags felt humorous. The two guys kind of connecting due their masochism, running to spoiler[stick their head's in his bag], a Funabori considered slightly pervy ways to hide the bag only to spoiler[do exactly what the boys planned on doing].

The little sister was a hoot, at this point I even enjoyed all the stupid little gags of being the straight man, and spoiler[how sorry he is] that she got involved. And then Takao, making everyone think she is scary. Even the "boob shot" was really funny, how the girls decided to finish it making him wonder what was happening, and the classmates thinking he is spoiler[called "big sister" at home].

I know the comic method tends to be the exactly same thing over and over again, but I enjoyed this episode.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:36 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:

Oh, I am. I am.
Bango

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
HaruhiToy wrote:

Oh, I am. I am.

Dr. Tsukumo from Wandaba Style could've used them to get a rocket into space.

Good ep and I dig the new character. Next new character looks interesting too. The last gag was certainly the best of the ep for me. I figured they were going to do it but including the picture was the icing on the cake.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
As soon as I saw spoiler[Tama's hair, I thought of Junko from Dangan Ronpa.] Anyways, the latest episode looks like it'll be a continuation. I already like this girl because her spoiler[rivalry with Chitose], a favorite character of mine in this show.

I think she's going to be a prominent threat considering her actions already in this episode but I'll just take it as silliness. I do spoiler[recall her saying guys who call her "Tama-chan" sounds hot Twisted Evil]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6