• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode Leaked Before Premiere

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leebo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:42 am Reply with quote
If you say so.
Goggen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:48 am Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
That was just plain not erotic.

Not to you. I'm sure there are those who will disagree. I suppose KyoAni should consult you, specifically, in regards to how to properly sexualize their female characters?
Heinzendegger wrote:
But I guess someone who don't care about these things can't for his life make a difference.

There's a difference between "caring about" and "obsessing about". You seem to believe KyoAni are somehow obligated to provide you with wank material tailored to your taste. They're not. Get over it.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:00 am Reply with quote
I just merely stated that they didn't, and in fact that they toned down the (already almost non-existent) sexualization it had.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:32 am Reply with quote
You know, I try not to judge people based on their chinese cartoon preferences, but I really don't know how to help it anymore whenever I see Heinzendegger yapping about "there is not enough sexualization of little girls in my KyoAni anime"
musouka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:50 am Reply with quote
No, no, you don't understand. I've seen him post in so many of these topics and initially I was somewhat confused. But with his constant talk of all the fanservice in Free!, I finally understood that all he wants are girls with absolutely no breasts, ripped abs, and thick, muscular legs to run around in swimsuits! It's honestly tragic he'll have to wait until the second season of Free is announced to get his fix of those three sexy, sexy things.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Nice antic, girl haters.
On the other hand, I just want Kyoani not to act as if it was "forbidden" and "oh so wrong" to show anything even half as explicit of girls as they did of guys.
Go and ridicule all you want from your moral flagship where you can descendingly call me out on my posts, and deciding what kind of person I am judging on my comments here; even that won't change the facts.

And those facts are that KyoAni just don't give us any real fanservice of girls.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:

And those facts are that KyoAni just don't give us any real fanservice of girls.

and why should this bother me?
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:

And those facts are that KyoAni just don't give us any real fanservice that especifically caters to my particular expectation of watching naked 10-year-olds for 22 minutes straight per week.

There. Fixed that for you. I'm so nice
musouka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:

Go and ridicule all you want from your moral flagship where you can descendingly call me out on my posts

You are being ridiculed because you are acting in a ridiculous manner. Also your obsession with how sexy KyoAni "objectifies" the male body under the guise of disgust is sort of sad.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Go and ridicule all you want from your moral flagship where you can descendingly call me out on my posts, and deciding what kind of person I am judging on my comments here; even that won't change the facts.

By your logic, people shouldn't judge other people based on the tone that they give to other posters.

The thing with communication is that it goes both ways, you express what you want in the manner that you want (assuming it does not breaks the forum's local rule set) and in return people will express what they want in the manner that they choose.

So if you choose to act in a manner that can be taken as abrasive people in return are going to act accordingly regardless if you throw out "circumstantial facts".

So if you act like a jerk on your posts, don't be surprised when people treat you like one.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Like I said, Shinka and Sanae could 69 naked on the floor of the clubroom and he'd still find some reason to claim it was enough.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:27 am Reply with quote
And like I said Shinka and Sanae will never do that.
Or even have the least bit of fanservice. And why is that? Because Kyoani doesn't give a fudge about those who would want to see them.

And CrowLia, I would LOVE to see naked 10 year olds, but since Chuuni girls are not little girls, I have to say you are being very stupid here.
Oh well, never mind that you are a satisfied, well fed fan of them after YOU got what YOU wanted.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:32 am Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:

And CrowLia, I would LOVE to see naked 10 year olds, but since Chuuni girls are not little girls [whine whine]

True. Which has not stopped you from going to every show with loli characters to wail about how they're not sexualized enough (off the top of my head: Il sole blablabla, Prisma Illya, KyouKana, Chuu2Koi, NagiAsu) Rolling Eyes
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:50 am Reply with quote
Circles are amazing, aren't they?
Blazaking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Man, did Free even have that much fanservice? Guys being shirtless and wearing shorts isn't that big of a deal, I think... as for cleverly placed camera-angles, I'd say they weren't any different from strategies that KyoAni has used in the past with all of its girl-centric shows. (or perhaps the fanservice just didn't click since it wasn't aimed at me)

But, uh, yeah. Obsessing over fanservice to such an extent is kinda worrying... Confused KyoAni's never even been big on fanservice in the first place. :/ They don't even show pantsu!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3