• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nisekoi (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:47 am Reply with quote
Hisashiburi Anime hyper

Season 2 is fine so far; Raku and Chitoge are so cute and Tsugumi and Paula are so cute but MAN, I am not looking forward to Haru. >_>

90% of little sisters in anime are written as spoiler[insufferable brats and Haru is no exception.Haru is basically what happens when you take away all of Chitoge's charm and good traits and make her ten times more irrational and immature. She's 15 but acts like she's 12, is a total bitch to Raku (of course!), gets angry over the stupidest stuff that's not even his fault and ugh, the Onodera family just should not have children. They keep coming out wrong. lol One is pleasant but spineless and dumber than a post (yes, even die-hard Kosaki fans will admit that their waifu is a bumbling idiot) and the other is smarter but lacks social grace and understanding]

tl;dr: I don't like Haru. lol all Onoderas can GTFO.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:26 am Reply with quote
You're just jealous you lack the superior Onodera genes Razz
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:12 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
You're just jealous you lack the superior Onodera genes Razz

HAH.
In both looks and brains, I've got her beat, I assure you. So nope.

After catching up on the manga, I cannot for the life of me figure out why you like her so much. Kosaki Onodera is the most poorly written character I've ever seen. She's an insult to women everywhere. While harem is obviously not the ideal genre to look for the best examples of female characters, out of the huge Nisekoi cast, she's the only one who makes me feel so disappointed. So there is something wrong there.

While I don't like Haru, Haru is a better character than her sister because Haru at least has a personality and acts like a human being. Naoshi Komi so fixated on making Kosaki every Japanese man's ideal waifu (which is disgusting to feminists if you do the research), that he forgot to make her into a person. Anyone who denies that is blind.

Last edited by Chiibi on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:34 am Reply with quote
Chiibi, you cannot understand the appeal of Onodera because you are female. I agree she is a boring, thinly drawn character but she's cute and she's nice. You know, the whole "girl next door" thing. I'd bang her.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:43 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Chiibi, you cannot understand the appeal of Onodera because you are female.

And you don't find something WRONG WITH THAT!?

I can understand why all the other girls have fans! Even Yui, whom I also didn't like at first....but then we got her backstory....
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:49 am Reply with quote
No, I don't. There are "female bait" male characters that would do absolutely nothing for me, but I don't begrudge their existence.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:12 pm Reply with quote
It's called "bad writing", d00d. Anime hyper

I do suppose I take character-writing far too seriously, regardless of genre.

Oh yes, fangirl-bait characters can be just as bad. They aren't ones I'll immediately attach myself to unless they have a little depth. I'll likely say "Yeah, he's hot" or "he's overrated" just move along to gush about someone more interesting.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 4:

Well I have to say, spoiler[Chitoge's mom is quite fabulous and tough at the same time. This is one woman I don't think anyone wants to mess with, especially Raku.]

Doesn't seem like Chitoge is too pleased by her presence though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
HAH.

Pics or it didn't happen Wink

Chiibi wrote:
After catching up on the manga, I cannot for the life of me figure out why you like her so much.

Well, there is a distinct lack of things to dislike about her. She's a good person overall and isn't violent like Chitoge, isn't in denial like Tsugumi, and isn't overbearing like Marika (as much as I love Marika her pushiness can be problematic). She could stand to be more aggressive, sure, but out of all the other girls who aren't Marika, she has the highest number of near confessions. She can work up her courage but something usually spoils the mood. She's at a distinct disavantage priviledge wise compared to the other girls so it's more endearing to see her working hard. Her reactions to stuff are priceless too.

She might be too "normal" but that's why she's the perfect girl for Raku. Raku wants to get away from the family business and become an ordinary public official, remember. Kosaki is the only girl that can give him that sort of life.

Chiibi wrote:
It's called "bad writing", d00d. Anime hyper

It'd also be bad writing if, after 168 chapters of being spoiler[devoted to Kosaki], he randomly decided he spoiler[didn't love her] and he spoiler[hooks up with Chitoge] instead. Thankfully it looks like they'll avoid being as terrible as Toradora in that regard.

{Added spoiler tags -- hope you don't mind. ~nobahn}
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:18 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
episode 4:

Uhh... aren't we at episode 3?

Opening is fantastic. It's by LiSA so I guess that's to be expected. I also like the chase thing it has going on.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:00 am Reply with quote
I think that I am a little on Chiibi's side, I really am not that interested in Onodera. I have thought she is a good match because both of them like each other. But as a character she is boring and feels like she has been written far too much to appeal to guys who want to go for the innocent girl who totally has a crush on the guy.

My favourite character continues to be Tsugumi because she is not the perfect girly girl, but there is still some acceptance with it as she has grown in the series. She feels like she in general transcends normal constraints of the harem genre. She totally can wear either a male or female uniform.

My second favourite is Ruri, because she really is not happy with this stalemate and I find her not total bishoujo look to actually be quite appealing over the various other characters. Her design does not desperately beg you to pay attention, she does what she wants, and stands against what she doesn't want, yet is fair.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:30 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

HAH.

And I can assure you that in looks you can't even begin to compare to Onodera, sorry.

Also, some people just like feminine characters. There's nothing wrong with that, she fits that completely and has cute design.
She's not my favorite, but I can see her appeal, and a cute yet shy personality can be appealing too.

On the other hand, I really don't like girls like Tsugumi, I get it, she's super strong and masculine yet has a constrained fragile heart, bla, bla, bla, now that's what I think is boring.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:26 am Reply with quote
I can understand not really caring about Kosaki (she's hardly my favourite either) but to openly hate her like Chiibi does, she doesn't deserve that.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:08 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I mean Kosaki is mostly harmless. I understand why Chiibi doesn't like her, but I don't understand how she can muster so much hate towards Kosaki.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
It'd also be bad writing if, after 168 chapters of being spoiler[devoted to Kosaki], he randomly decided he spoiler[didn't love her] and he spoiler[hooks up with Chitoge] instead. Thankfully it looks like they'll avoid being as terrible as Toradora in that regard.

{Added spoiler tags -- hope you don't mind. ~nobahn}

I don't know if you are referring to the Toradora! source material or the anime, but there was absolutely nothing random about how things ended up in the anime. I wish Nisekoi was even a tenth as good as Toradora! - I'd be enjoying a lot more.

Chitoge's mom is a real piece of work. I'm sure Raku will help her see the error of her ways where her daughter is concerned.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 19 of 24