• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nisekoi (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:00 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 6:

spoiler[If you look sweets, you might like this episode. If you're Raku, then you'll be in a big treat from Marika. No seriously, that chocolate statue has her feelings written all over it lmao. I wonder how it tastes...]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone following this thread been purchasing the American Blu-Rays?

If so, please answer this question: which Weis Krusz card did you get in Set 3?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Well ain't Marika just the paragon of logic. spoiler[She makes a massive statue of chocolate, yet advises not to eat it because it's unhealthy. Laughing ]

I've never understood why baking is so difficult for anime characters. Making a chocolate cake is as easy as it gets, all you gotta do is follow the recipe. Are they measuring the ingredients haphazardly?spoiler[ And thank god for Kosaki tasting her cake before giving it to someone. Unfortunately Chitoge couldn't think of doing something so obvious.]

The show has taken a complete halt. Come on, where is Kosaki's little sis (her cameo doesn't really count)? How about that girl with the red hair from the opening? Where did Paula go? Give us something show, I know Nisekoi is known for this, but this is the friggin' 2nd season.

I'm sorry. I was a bit frustrated by these last 2 episodes that I unknowingly started using my head. I know I shouldn't have. Won't happen again. Embarassed
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 6:45 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 6

Who actually wants to spoiler[eat a giant chocolate statue of themselves]? Marika might be the only one to actually say it, but what she did was pretty insane, spoiler[and she got a free wish out of him] which will definitely cause trouble.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Come on, where is Kosaki's little sis (her cameo doesn't really count)?

Trust me, the less we see of her, the better. She's very very unlikable.

The parrot chapter had me in tears.....the anime did its job well. Laughing I've officially nicknamed Marika "The Troll Princess".

Quote:
In both instances she was very manipulative and somewhat delusional. A guy approaching anywhere near what she does gets called a pervert and is slapped, while she gets a free pass.

I'm not really sure what you're referring to that would be worthy of a slap. She doesn't physically do much except cling to him. It's not like molestation or anything.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Cam0 wrote:
Come on, where is Kosaki's little sis (her cameo doesn't really count)?

Trust me, the less we see of her, the better. She's very very unlikable.

I'm hoping she'll add some spice to this show, because the show sure as hell needs some.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:40 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 7:

It looks like spoiler[Haru] debuts this week. Well, I thought she was kinda cute but of course, destiny would have it that she would get into drama with Raku; her sister somewhat involved as well.

Ah, Raku just never gets a break in life Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:26 pm Reply with quote
I get no joy from seeing a girl flushed with embarrassment, or him being targeted and unfairly labelled and attacked, so some problems. And really the cliché main character stopping some gang from harassing the girl, and being the only one to stop and give a hand? And why freak out when finding out she is the younger sister like it is some shocking news?

In general why even take the abuse like it is normal to hit some guy. The two things I have a big problem with harem set ups is forcing all the girls onto the guy with heavy handed "fateful encounters", and the physical abuse. Both strong here.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:38 am Reply with quote
Arghhhhhhh

Haru's such an immature little brat. Her logic is effed up beyond reason.

"YOU MAY HAVE KNOWN THIS CREEP FOR THREE YEARS BUT I'VE KNOWN HIM FOR THREE MINUTES. SO OBVIOUSLY I KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU. I JUDGE EVERYONE BY LOOKS."

How the hell is this girl fifteen!? I just want to SLAP her.....
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:32 am Reply with quote
Why doesn't Chitoge piss you off? She punched Raku into outer space after Haru said that Raku had seen her panties. Though, Raku is such a dense idiot that he does deserve to get smacked every now and then.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:59 am Reply with quote
Chitoge's hair doesn't look stupid, that's why
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:32 am Reply with quote
On the contrary, Chitoge's hair is kind of boring. Razz

Just slightly kidding.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:52 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 8:

LOL, they weren't kidding about adapting the magical content of the series. The first half of this week's episode was just hilarious. And Shuu with that experimental gun lol...

Second half was more normal although Haru in a nutshell of course had to get in Raku's way as usual.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Why doesn't Chitoge piss you off?

Oy, I've explained this several times before.
I don't like when she punches Raku either. But she does have good traits to balance her bad ones. We know she really cares about him, we know she's capable of having perfectly civil discussions with him, and we know she's also a really good friend to Tsugumi and Onodera.

Haru's just really annoying and you can't reason with her. Onodera tried. But she won't freaking listen because she thinks she's better at judging people.

Like MOST little sisters in anime, she exists to be a pain in the main character's ass because he's crushing on her older sis. And that's exactly what she is right now.

I will complain less as she gets more tolerable (since I read the manga and know she does) but for the time being, I'm mad at her. lol

Quote:
On the contrary, Chitoge's hair is kind of boring.

Chitoge has the best hair in the cast and I'm jealous. Boring? It's two-toned! Shaft made it look pink on the ends! How can that possibly be boring?

Haru's hair looks fine when it's down because it's not cut asymmetrically; she just wears it like that. Her sister's looks bad no matter WHAT she does with it.

I will post the my favorite scene in ep 07.....

Marika's just the best sometimes...... Laughing

(and Paula's scenes were good too)
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I was only kidding about the hair, well mostly anyway. I've oddly preferred all the temporary hairstyles Chitoge has had over the course of the show to her normal hairstyle. I'm just weird that way.

I can see why you or anyone else wouldn't like Haru. I don't exactly like her either, but this show was getting so stale that it was refreshing to see something new again. Haru opposing Raku has some potential for humor.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 22 of 24