• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Sailor Moon Anime by Toei to Premiere in July

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deathfromabove1993

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Ok, I'm offically excited and cannot wait for July.

Last edited by deathfromabove1993 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Araki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:48 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
The dude has never even written a full show before, only specific episodes. You're assuming far too much based on a few random jobs he's been able to get in the past.

What he's doing is like saying the Attack on Titan anime would have a Jojo/Sentai-ish vibe because the head writer Yasuko Kobayashi was responsible for Jojo and a lot of Sentai shows. Rolling Eyes
Nodz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Araki wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
The dude has never even written a full show before, only specific episodes. You're assuming far too much based on a few random jobs he's been able to get in the past.

What he's doing is like saying the Attack on Titan anime would have a Jojo/Sentai-ish vibe because the head writer Yasuko Kobayashi was responsible for Jojo and a lot of Sentai shows. Rolling Eyes

Bueno, we'll just see next summer
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:55 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Nodz wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:
Nodz wrote:
Quote:
Series Script Supervisor: Yūji Kobayashi (scripts on Saint Seiya Omega, Smile Precure!)

That doesn't sound good for those (like me) who hoped for a faithful manga adaptation Confused
It seems we'll get a brand new story, with maybe a new generation of senshi and lots of transformations

Wait, wait, wait. What gives you the impression that it'll be a new generation of Senshi? And why do you want to see the same old story again? Also keep in mind that Naoko Takeuchi is heavily involved here.

Well, Precure and Omega are completely brand new tv material, if they hire a guy who used to write for both shows, one can assume that's why he was hired for the new Sailor Moon gig.

The same old story again??? Are you aware that the true manga story was never really animated?
And yes, it's that wonderful story i'd like to see made into an anime instead of some HeartCatch Sailor Moon Omega...

What Ryan said. And who really wants an exact replica of the manga anyway? The manga told its own story. Why shouldn't the new anime tell a new story?
Nayu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:55 pm Reply with quote
I don't quite understand why people think having Precure alumni is a bad thing. Precure is the best thing to happen to mahou shoujo in the last roughly decade.

Well, besides Nanoha.....
GordanHam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:59 pm Reply with quote
July? Hm.. Maybe it will get the Space Dandy treatment and have a US broadcast and a premiere at AX with the old cast being there and all. But I do remember hearing the old lead say she was disappointed that the casting was in Texas, though I don't think she ruled herself out for a reprisal.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
I don't quite understand why people think having Precure alumni is a bad thing. Precure is the best thing to happen to mahou shoujo in the last roughly decade.

Someone's forgetting Madoka Magica and Princess Tutu. Laughing
Nayu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:01 pm Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
Nayu wrote:

Not at all. The last effect of Precure and Nanoha is far broader than either of those....
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote
So 7 more months tell they say 7 more months again ill believe it when I see it
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:
Nayu wrote:

Not at all. The last effect of Precure and Nanoha is far broader than either of those....

You said 'best thing' not 'most effecting'.
Nayu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:08 pm Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
Nayu wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:
Nayu wrote:

You said 'best thing' not 'most effecting'.

Most precure series (other than Fresh) are better than Tutu. And Nanoha and As blasts Madoka out of the water.

Opinions are funny things.
Togame

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Another piece of press reveals Toei Animation's producer on BSSM14 is Umezawa Atsushi (Precure franchise from Fresh to Smile)
http://corp.toei-anim.co.jp/press/2014/01/post_74.php
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Yeah right. I'll believe it when actual evidence comes out. Until then, I will believe it's just a continual promotional stunt to sell cheap make-up and other brand goods.
Himeko90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Yeah right. I'll believe it when actual evidence comes out. Until then, I will believe it's just a continual promotional stunt to sell cheap make-up and other brand goods.

Tell us how you really feel.......
Urizithar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote
20th or 25th aniversary... whatever... They should already decide if they are gona release it or not and stop making false announcements.

Last edited by Urizithar on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6