• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
School Rumble ending?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ontalope

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:00 am Reply with quote
School Rumble for life! Funniest anime hands down and you all know it. They need a 3rd and 4th season with 4 oav between them. Then a season of college (harima in college...lol) and another 2 oav's after that. Then the mid-life crisis season!!!
kazumatheshellbullet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Ontalope wrote:
School Rumble for life! Funniest anime hands down and you all know it. They need a 3rd and 4th season with 4 oav between them. Then a season of college (harima in college...lol) and another 2 oav's after that. Then the mid-life crisis season!!!

I don't wanna see Harima suffer anymore.
kazumatheshellbullet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:41 pm Reply with quote
deepon05 wrote:

p.s. screw karasuma! Mad

I agree 100%. Karasuma is THE MOST annoying person in all of anime without doing anything. I've seen secondary characters and extras more intereesting than him. He should've left the series from the first episode of the second season, or even early on in the first. I would say the first of the first season, but I then there would be no Harima in the wild scenario when he can talk to animals.
m00nshine

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I think they need to atleast keep it going until they are out of High School... they've already advanced about three terms in the story.... might as well finish it.
kazumatheshellbullet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:36 pm Reply with quote
m00nshine wrote:
I think they need to atleast keep it going until they are out of High School... they've already advanced about three terms in the story.... might as well finish it.

They're still on the same year. Three terms? Isn't the name of the of second season "second term"
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:52 pm Reply with quote
They could make School Rumble into a mroe in depth version of Azumanga Daioh (which skimmed over each year of high school until graduation) but since they went into each term as a season then it would probably drag the series too long. Since the characters are 16 years old in School Rumble that would mean they have a year or two of school left (I don't know much about how the japanese school system works). Which would mean two to four seasons till school ended.

Unless they changed the format to one season being a year then I think the show would kill itself. Personally, I'm losing interest in School Rumble. Luckily its the last episode next. The show just doesn't seem as original as it used to. Kind of like Family Guy is getting now. It's funny and I quote jokes from it, but it isn't anything particularly new that I'm laughing at.
Stratify

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Dude, they can't end School Rumble. It's the best Anime series ever.

What would I do with my life now? I will probably replay the episodes over and over again, just waiting for a new episode to come out.

Someone should send a Japanese guy to go around Japanese School Rumble websites to find annoucements regarding the continuation of School Rumble. If someone's willing to go on such endeavor, I will pay you with gratitude. Nothing else though, I'm broke.

P.S. I don't mean gratitude in some sick sexual manner. I mean it in appreciation. The normal type appreciation where no sexuality is involved. That is, my entire statement has no sexual innuendo involved.
kazumatheshellbullet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Stratify wrote:
Dude, they can't end School Rumble. It's the best Anime series ever.

What would I do with my life now? I will probably replay the episodes over and over again, just waiting for a new episode to come out.

Someone should send a Japanese guy to go around Japanese School Rumble websites to find annoucements regarding the continuation of School Rumble. If someone's willing to go on such endeavor, I will pay you with gratitude. Nothing else though, I'm broke.

P.S. I don't mean gratitude in some sick sexual manner. I mean it in appreciation. The normal type appreciation where no sexuality is involved. That is, my entire statement has no sexual innuendo involved.

Stratify is that you? The one that I know? Anyway, I'm pretty sure that it would probably continue in an OAV or whatever, but as I said a billion times, I want Harima to end up with Tenma and I don't want to see him suffer anymore.
Borgir

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Is it almost imposible that this show wont have 3er term. Im following the manga and it's far advanced. Just saw the last ep and spoiler[it will continue.] The interesting thing is the made ups made to end each season, new stuff that it isnt in the manga itself XP spoiler[For example, the 'shana' like girl doesnt exist in the manga]

Hope my english it's understable XP

Regards
deepon05

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:10 pm Reply with quote
yeah i know the new episode is up at [This URL is a known Fansub Distribution website].
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
m00nshine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:18 pm Reply with quote
THERE WILL BE ANOTHER SEASON! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:46 pm Reply with quote
The ending simply does not carry the bang of the First Season.

In other words, they decided they don't need one, which means...

Sukuran FOREVER!! THIRD SEASON!!! Laughing

This might just be the first series I'm actually interested in carrying through no matter how long it'll be; DVDs (hooray for FUNi), fansubs, and all.
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Mind you, they SAY there's a third season, but this is also Sukuran, you can't exactly trust everything that it says now can you? This could just be a little prank on all of those that like the series for all we know :O So until there's an official statement I would hold back (and no, the end of the anime is not official, especially when it's this kind).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2