• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hikaru Midorikawa Puts Blog on Hiatus Due to Fan Harassment

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:45 pm Reply with quote
I can totally see why these people came to that conclusion.

I mean two people NEVER buy the same clothes or accessories, right? Laughing
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Fans like this are idiots.
Pangea

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
Now, now, Pangea; there's no need for the sarcasm.

Sorry my sarcasm senses were tingling
sarroush

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Do these fans have nothing better to do?
"Fans" actually. Ones with nearly extinct brain cells I take it.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:07 pm Reply with quote
You stay classy, fandom.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:22 pm Reply with quote
They're like his........

I'm your biggest fan
I'll follow you until you love me
Papa-Paparazzi
Baby there's no other superstar
You know that I'll be your
Papa-Paparazzi
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Silly Fujoshi.
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:59 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Silly Fujoshi.

fujoshi? why do you automatically assume is the fujoshis's fault?
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:20 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
They're like his........

I'm your biggest fan
I'll follow you until you love me
Papa-Paparazzi
Baby there's no other superstar
You know that I'll be your
Papa-Paparazzi

Actually I find Sasaeng fans much worse then the rabid anime fans that attack Hikaru Midorikawa, no offense but I was also angry at how female fans just openly harass Hikaru Midorikawa for jumping to conclusion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:48 pm Reply with quote
LEAVE MY GREENIE RIVER ALONE! Mad

Geez...it's like when there's a mate involved, or marriage, fan trouble arises. Sure he can be attached to his fans.

Since replies to past comments are accepted, I'd say we give him some comfort yeah? Is that okay?

Yes Midorin, blogging is fun! Return soon!
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Wow some fans are really sick. The way they can jump to conclusions like this with no proof and then have the gall to attack him.
BL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:18 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Actually I find Sasaeng fans much worse then the rabid anime fans that attack Hikaru Midorikawa, no offense but I was also angry at how female fans just openly harass Hikaru Midorikawa for jumping to conclusion.

While I found the video amusing, I also found it terrifying and sad. If the video is truthful, these Sasaeng fans have serious issues. They follow the SNS postings (is this their version of twitter?) of the Idols’ celebrity friends to find out what they are eating. Thus, they can find their location (on a side note these celebrities and idols need to stop posting these things online). However, what I think is scarier than the trespassing, breaking and entering and following friends SNS postings. They deliberately get jobs at the telephone companies, credit card companies and even the Internet Service Provider companies (who gets a job at someone's ISP co?). This is some serious stalking, breaking and entering, violation of privacy, trespassing, and trauma. Nevertheless, it does not stop there they clone the idols cell phones, (how do they get the phones to clone in the first place?) and also place GPS on the idols cars. Does Korea not have any stalking laws? Are they waiting for someone to die like that unfortunate actress in California before they create their own stalking laws? These actions are demented.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:36 am Reply with quote
BL wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

While I found the video amusing, I also found it terrifying and sad. If the video is truthful, these Sasaeng fans have serious issues. They follow the SNS postings (is this their version of twitter?) of the Idols’ celebrity friends to find out what they are eating. Thus, they can find their location (on a side note these celebrities and idols need to stop posting these things online). However, what I think is scarier than the trespassing, breaking and entering and following friends SNS postings. They deliberately get jobs at the telephone companies, credit card companies and even the Internet Service Provider companies (who gets a job at someone's ISP co?). This is some serious stalking, breaking and entering, violation of privacy, trespassing, and trauma. Nevertheless, it does not stop there they clone the idols cell phones, (how do they get the phones to clone in the first place?) and also place GPS on the idols cars. Does Korea not have any stalking laws? Are they waiting for someone to die like that unfortunate actress in California before they create their own stalking laws? These actions are demented.

Here's another video that talk about sasaeng "fans" (actually they shouldn't be called fans because what kind of fans hurt their idols). To answer your question if South Korea has a law, they just passed a law in 2011 and I think they may pass more law if more sasaeng behavior crossed the line. But yeah, it's disturbing. I seen similar behavior like this in Japan like fans sent death threats to seiyus like Yurika Ochiai, and Nana Mizuki got death threats and a person got arrested for stalking Haruna Ikezawa, another seiyu. When Aya Hirano announced she want to do other thing then voice-acting, her rabid fans didn't take it very well. I also recalled Ryutaro Morimoto, a former member of the J-pop group, Hey! Say! JUMP was a victim of stalking and robbery, the suspect was a fan of that J-pop group. So in Japan, J-pop, and voice acting idols do have obsessive stalker fans. But this is nothing compared to sasaengs fans for K-pop in South Korea, they make obsessive Japanese fans of J-pop, otaku culture, and voice acting idols look like newbies and rookies. Sasaengs is just a whole new level of obsession. It's not limited to Korean, but also Chinese and Japanese fans of K-pop can become sasaengs. Whatever you see in the movie, Perfect Blue, is sort of real in South Korea but there hasn't been report of Kpop idol being rape or kill by obsessive fans.

But I'm going off topic but on topic, what happen to Hikaru Midorikawa was unacceptable and just flat out disgusting the obsessive female fan just harass him because of a wrong conclusion. That's what total obsession can do to a person.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shiranehito

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:01 am Reply with quote
Hey, it kinda reminded me. Few days ago I saw a girl wearing green-striped shirt in a bus. Coincidentally I was also wearing green-striped shirt. I must be married to that girl unknowingly.

Seriously. What kind of logic is that.

And, I heard that Midorikawa never revealed who is his wife and her photos in media, so.... Can't we just assume that the girl wearing the same accessory is actually his legit wife?
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:27 am Reply with quote
Man..this guys is really sensitive.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3