• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Amagi Brilliant Park Novels Gets Anime by Kyoto Animation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:48 am Reply with quote
NOOOOO! Not those light novels!!!! Finish FMP first damn it!!!! GRRRRRRR!
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:50 am Reply with quote
heres a pic from the LN

zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:52 am Reply with quote
That said, I look forward to this, since I know that he is a good author and the art will be KyoAni art, so it will be good too...

Sigh...
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:56 am Reply with quote
If that's really a picture from the LN, it automatically negates most of the author's claims about the seriousness in the story. OTOH, if he's really serious about the story of "struggles to entertain people for a living", it could turn out pretty interesting. I guess only time will tell, since I have no intention of checking the LNs just to confirm
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:15 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
If that's really a picture from the LN, it automatically negates most of the author's claims about the seriousness in the story. OTOH, if he's really serious about the story of "struggles to entertain people for a living", it could turn out pretty interesting. I guess only time will tell, since I have no intention of checking the LNs just to confirm

Context is the key! Surprised

I'd imagine that user posted that pic just to create an unnecessary ruse. Rolling Eyes
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:05 am Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
I foresee a huge mob of people getting irrationally worked up because Kyoto Animation is adapting a light novel by the Full Metal Panic author that IS NOT Full Metal Panic. Laughing
How is that irrational? FMP is probably better than this anyway, judging from some images I've seen of this
FeistyDreams

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:38 am Reply with quote
Context definitely is everything. If I recall correctly, that image is just from him working at the park, it's not actually harem (other than similar teases Gatoh gave in FMP). I really need to go through the books more carefully, but it was supposed to be a bit more lighthearted, with a lot of the humor and drama that Gatoh brought to FMP without the action.

Pretty sure it's supposed to have the obvious set up of Seiya and Isuzu with the tease of potential Seiya and Latifa. The harem thing is just part of the performance in the park.

I'm looking forward to the Seiya and Moffuru rivalry honestly Anime hyper Bonta-kun is back, and with an attitude~
shiranehito

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:38 am Reply with quote
Man. I hope they'd settle with FMP first. I'm not even a fan of FMP but I think the anime really needs continuation.

Anyway, I've been a fan of Nakajima Yuka even when she was just a doujin artist, but I really have problems with her character design. The characters feel rather plain and somehow soooo similar with character design from other franchise (e.g. Sora from PapaKiki looks similar to Haruhi from Melancholy of you-know-who, and the girl in the third cover looks so damn similar to Hachikuji from Monogatari series.) Well, she's a doujin artist too and she made self-published manga containing Haruhi franchise and Monogatari franchise, so..... Is it intentional?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:54 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
CrowLia wrote:

Context is the key! Surprised

I'd imagine that user posted that pic just to create an unnecessary ruse. Rolling Eyes

I strongly suspect it's not something that's actually happening, such as the main character's imagination.
Pangea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:57 am Reply with quote
High school boy + mysterious transfer student - Dropped.
jet_

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:05 pm Reply with quote
As much as I enjoy the KA Esuma Bunko adaptions, KyoAni breaking away from them is refreshing and very promising.
This could mean that they are going to be the studio that's animating Yuki-chan.
We might even get a new Pony Canyon series (K-ON?) in the near future.
Or this could just be a one time thing and then we're back to a year of KA Esuma Bunko. Which is fine too.
Pangea wrote:
High school boy + mysterious transfer student - Dropped.

Because every series that has a high school boy and a mysterious transfer student is shit, right?
Pangea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:22 pm Reply with quote
jet_ wrote:
Because every series that has a high school boy and a mysterious transfer student is shit, right?

Yes, name 1 good.
Nayu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Pangea wrote:
jet_ wrote:

Yes, name 1 good.

Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Next?
Toester_Strudel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Well, if it's close to FMP and going to be animated by KyoAni, I'm most likely going to keep and eye on this anime anyway.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Shoji Gatoh wrote:

Only after finishing this volume, did I realise the style was closest to my Debut novel. If I was to write some comedic side stories, I might do a cross-over and bring in the protagonist from that book.

2013 Jan, Shoji Gatoh.

Hell, yeah Sousuke visiting an amusement park! KyoAni, that is the filler you have to make if you want me to watch your anime!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3