• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: JAST USA Delays Steins;Gate PC Game Until March 31

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote
I can deal with it as long as it ships before my debit card expires in April!
EternalKnight001

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Kinda figured it'd be delayed, *sigh*. oh well, have Kara no Shoujo to tide me over till then.
Ahem. Also been waiting on Hanachirasu for AGES. good god, lol, cmon JAST Very Happy
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:43 am Reply with quote
Guess what just went gold?

Quote:
I've finally found you. I've been looking everywhere for you. I was afraid I'd never have this moment. A moment to say thank you.
-Kurisu Makise

Those words mean so much in this trailer. We're finally here.
partysmores

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
MetalUpa1014 wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
Ryusui wrote:
So...is this coming out through Steam, or what?
Not that I heard. I'd prefer it NOT to come out on a DRM platform anyway.

I don't get what the delay is about...I heard they basically bought a fan translation that was already done a long time ago.

I can not say for sure yet, But I would say that it is extremely likely to see it around the same time as higurashi, from what I have heard from people at mangagamer and jast. steam is now interested in getting some japanese visual novels on their site it seems. there is even talk of getting if my heart had wings on steam via jast.

At this point I would find it highly surprising if jast did not get steins; gate on steam along with a couple of other all ages games.

I imagine the delay is mostly due to approval issues (probably with the very amazing bonus items for the limited edition), either that or the corrections to the script are taking longer then expected (just look at ef a tale of the two to see how long that can take.)

I've talked with JAST over Twitter regarding Steam. They've said that they're interested and probably will do it eventually, but right now are focusing on just releasing the game first.

They maybe wondering how the two seconds of nudity with that one charcter coming out of the bath will effect the esrb rating and if they can get away with editing it or if fans would kill them over that like they did to Moenovel and if my heart had wings.

It's already rated M by the ESRB with that scene. Steam allows M-rated games so it should be okay.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2