• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Durarara! Novels Change Title With 2-Year Jump in Story

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gogozeppeli

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:45 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
GokuMew2 wrote:
*crosses fingers for an anime second season*

I'd rather see more Baccano. I dropped Durarara after the first few episodes, because it's so dull.

^This. In my experience DRRR!'s fanbase while the anime is great just ranges from fangirls that want to see Shizuo and Izaya.

Baccano, has always looked more interesting and better than DRRR! but whatever I want both of this to have 2nd seasons.

I mean that overrated edgy Madoka and a lot of moe induced nonsense get 2nd seasons and movies so why can't this? Because there's no fanservice or moe and that's whats popular in this generation? Is that it?
Detrimont

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:
Interesting! I tried reading the translations of the LNs not too long ago, but whoever translated it either did it very awkwardly, or the writer writes just like that.. The style was a little odd and I couldn't really enjoy how it was written.

Anyway, I loved the anime though, I am too going to hope that there will be a second season at sometime.

The writing style is very unique, and some translations just don't get the full effect.
kucinglaper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:33 am Reply with quote
Detrimont wrote:
Rivailloli wrote:
Interesting! I tried reading the translations of the LNs not too long ago, but whoever translated it either did it very awkwardly, or the writer writes just like that.. The style was a little odd and I couldn't really enjoy how it was written.

Anyway, I loved the anime though, I am too going to hope that there will be a second season at sometime.

The writing style is very unique, and some translations just don't get the full effect.

This, also the fact that DRRR!! fan-translation quality is often subpar and inconsistent. Pretty weird since Durarara!! has more fan than Baccano! yet the later has better and more dedicated translators.

Also, as much as I want Baccano! 2nd season (the later arcs are much more interesting and fun), it's impossible without either doing a complete reboot or retconning/plain ignore the first season. Most stuff the anime cut/change ended becoming relevant later, like the drug shenanigan that supposed to happen in Eve's story (then again they cut about 90% content from the 4th novel and only show the most boring part that is Eve's part).
Detrimont

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:48 pm Reply with quote
kucinglaper wrote:

This, also the fact that DRRR!! fan-translation quality is often subpar and inconsistent. Pretty weird since Durarara!! has more fan than Baccano! yet the later has better and more dedicated translators.

Also, as much as I want Baccano! 2nd season (the later arcs are much more interesting and fun), it's impossible without either doing a complete reboot or retconning/plain ignore the first season. Most stuff the anime cut/change ended becoming relevant later, like the drug shenanigan that supposed to happen in Eve's story (then again they cut about 90% content from the 4th novel and only show the most boring part that is Eve's part).

Exactly!!!
Although, the DRRR fan translations got better in volume 4(when a new group took over(also seeing as the first 3 still aren't complete.. might be now... not sure).
And yeah, so much content was taken out of the baccano anime, yet, if they did put all of that content in, it would've made it boring.(also, i think the reason they took it out is because it was a later arc set-up, from my view, i don't think they planned to do a second season)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3