• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Fate/stay night Anime by ufotable Premieres Fall 2014

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:50 pm Reply with quote
omg-raichu wrote:
If an original route means we'll get some Lord El-Melloi II, then I'm hyped.

i highly doubt they will bring el melloi II for this new series. if they are , then they will have to make this series more faithful to the original novels
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EastN3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:39 pm Reply with quote
What's with these new shows that no one knows if it's a remake, continuation, etc? Sailor Moon, Black Butler, and now this! At least it adds suspense.
OpinionatedWeaboo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Another original? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Prisma Illya supposed to be an original project as well? they're all trying to get Nasu-senpai to notice them, apparently.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I'd be okay with an original route, though if they wanted to be more of a follow up to Zero, Heaven's Feel is the perfect choice for that (Kirei, Sakura, Zouken, the evil of the grail are all big parts of it).

Anything but a remake of the other 2 routes. DEEN did a good job on those, so I'd rather they didn't waste their time remaking them.
Enigmo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:41 pm Reply with quote
If Kirei is in this, I just hope he looks as badass as he did in Fate Zero; not how stupid he looks in the other FSN
NuGaiNM7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Enigmo wrote:
If Kirei is in this, I just hope he looks as badass as he did in Fate Zero; not how stupid he looks in the other FSN

Nah, he got all evil and stuff. Apparently mullets are evil too!
Animerican14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Enigmo wrote:

Oy, we don't nearly have enough characters with mullets in anime nowadays. (And his hair isn't mullet-y in an overblown way, either.) That look's been pretty iconic for a while.

Speaking of looks, I imagine that the "new" and "modern" costumes for Rin and Shirou that have been mentioned won't outright replace the ones we're accustomed to seeing from them-- at the very least, the earlier trailer showed the former's red dress with a cross pattern and the latter's school uniform still intact. Rather, I think we'll get some more fashionable out-of-school clothes. (Though how "modern" are these clothes supposed to be if the anime's still set around 2004/2005? Maybe ufotable will do more research on the fashion trends of that period than Type-Moon did for the fashion shown in their lower budget visual novel...)

NuGaiNM7 wrote:

Nah, he got all evil and stuff. Apparently mullets are evil too!

Hey now, going to the Fate/stay night VN relatively blind (it was great), I didn't think that at all, thanks to this guy.

(Yeah, he's not an anime character, but his video game franchise is probably the closest damn thing to a Japanese cartoon)

Really, though, I was surprised by what happened with Kotomine playing towards the end of the VN's first route. Never got terribly wonderful vibes from him in the first place, spoiler[but it was a definite shocker] when I encountered spoiler[a couple Bad Ends and then a Really Bad End soon after discovering several of his literal skeletons in the proverbial closet] near the climax of the Fate route.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Enigmo wrote:

Kirei's at his most awesome in Heaven's Feel, which, if this new anime really will be original, seems like it'll never get adapted.
NuGaiNM7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:

Really, though, I was surprised by what happened with Kotomine playing towards the end of the VN's first route. Never got terribly wonderful vibes from him in the first place, spoiler[but it was a definite shocker] when I encountered spoiler[a couple Bad Ends and then a Really Bad End soon after discovering several of his literal skeletons in the proverbial closet] near the climax of the Fate route.

Oh yeah! "That" scene...Crying or Very sad But really, Kotomine was especially bad-ass in Heaven's Feel! I mean remember that time when (not really a spoiler but whatever) spoiler[Kotomine fought Assassin, while running 50 mph through a forest, while carrying Illya]? That was awesome. Now we'll (probably) never be able to see Heaven's Feel fully animated...or Saber Alter (by ufotable).
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:19 pm Reply with quote
they should mix all the routes
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

That's what DEEN's anime did, but apparently it didn't go over well with a lot of people.
jl07045

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:21 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

That's what DEEN's anime did, but apparently it didn't go over well with a lot of people.

DEEN mixed very little. There were only a couple of sequences from UBW (school battle with Rin and confrontation with Kuzuki) and the rest of Caster stuff was original content, including that atrocious Sakura BDSM outfit. DEEN is bashed much more for crappy animation, shallow characterization, leaving out a number of plot explanations and general inability to "get" FSN.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:10 am Reply with quote
A new Fate/stay night anime following in the vein of Fate/Zero? Awesome! I've been impressed by ufotable's work on Fate/Zero and seeing their take on Fate/stay night would be interesting to see.
Brimfyre

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:56 am Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

DEEN mixed very little. There were only a couple of sequences from UBW (school battle with Rin and confrontation with Kuzuki) and the rest of Caster stuff was original content, including that atrocious Sakura BDSM outfit. DEEN is bashed much more for crappy animation, shallow characterization, leaving out a number of plot explanations and general inability to "get" FSN.

Finally someone gets it. Everyone thinks mixing the routes will lead to the same garbage that DEEN produced.
NuGaiNM7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Brimfyre wrote:
jl07045 wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

Finally someone gets it. Everyone thinks mixing the routes will lead to the same garbage that DEEN produced.

if they do mix all three routes into one, it still be garbage but beautifully animated with awesome music! Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4