• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA Offers Madoka Magica -Rebellion- Blu-ray in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:19 am Reply with quote
I was wondering when they would annouce the import.

While I did back out on the compilation movies import release, I'm definitely going to get the LE set this time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:44 am Reply with quote
Just to be clear to the users (as in multiple people) who have reported some of the posts in this thread. I'm sorry to say your reports have gone beyond the realm of "controllable," now. The thread has escalated to the point of where my doing anything would just make other posts seem out of place or context. So please try to stay calm and not get rolly-eyed at the supposed sub-dub debates, AoE pricing, or whatever other dead-horse-beating topics that may arise.

Stay vigilant and report problems, users, and/or behavior when you see fit. Thanks.

EDIT: Puncuation goofs.

Last edited by Tony K. on Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:36 am Reply with quote
ColonelYao47 wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:
Any news on an USA Animate edition? My HomuMadokami tapestry is getting lonely all by itself. I will be very happy to finally have a complete collection of JP discs (TV anime and movies) These Blu-ray are some of the best in my import collection. Really big fan of the MadoMagi franchise right here.

No pictures, but...

THANK YOU. Gonna hit capacity quick at that price (which I think is probably a misprint)
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:40 am Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
Blood- wrote:
The discussion is your hypocritical, trollish attempt to pretend you aren't being deliberately provocative in your opinion. To wit:

SouthPacific wrote:
@Kougeru, People are content with dubs that are horrible in comparison to their Japanese counterpart because the standard of quality is extremely low. And it's not getting better because most people are used to this standard, and simply doesn't have a general idea of what dubs could be, which is ultimately quite sad Sad .

Yeah, we can really tell you are interested in intelligent, nonconfrontational discourse there. The sincerity just oozes out of you. Rolling Eyes

It seems you failed to understand what I was trying to get at with that post.

Au contraire. A slightly dim 5-year-old would have no problem discerning your REAL point of that post. You know, I don't particularly care for jerks of any stripe, but the ones who get up my nose the most are the ones like you. The ones who sickeningly protest with wide-eyed innocence that all they want to do is have a civilized conversation, dotcha ya know, but phrase their "civilized" conversation in a way that is deliberately provocative.

It may surprise you to learn that I'm not particularly high on most dubs either. I can count on one hand the ones that I think are really good (Welcome to the NHK being one example). At best I find a lot merely serviceable and some genuinely atrocious (although those aren't as common as they used to be in the early days of dubbing). Like you, I love NISA releases. I understand some of the reasonable sub-only arguments: they are cheaper and available more quickly.

What I don't like is posters like you who take one topic, mindlessly soapbox about it and do it in a way that is DELIBERATELY inflammatory to those who feel differently about the subject. We had a moron here a while back called Mario12345 or something like that and every single time a sub-only announcement was made he would come into the thread and post, "no dub, no sale."

You are his trolling equivalent, the only difference being you lack his brevity and you puke-ishly try to pretend that you are interested in civilized discussion. You are fooling no one.

Last edited by Blood- on Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
lem

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:40 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
...I am assuming that "options" philosophy does not apply to you because you clearly could have ordered the regular edition of this movie from the RightStuff (assuming you live in North America or the allowed regions that can order it) at $55. But you decided to instead import the LE for $90.
Way to (not) save money! I thought you were making fun of me for spending more money than needed on anime.

The JP LE is $86 with global priority shipping included (add just a wee bit more for the foreign transaction fee)
The AoA LE made available thru TRSI is $101.47 with priority shipping.

Way to (not) do your math there?

As for exercising options, that "philosophy" as you put it, fully applies to me. I have no qualms whatsoever with buying a VHS, a regular edition, a blu, a dvd, an OOP edition, something from a different region, a sub only, a raw or even a hybrid version, whatever the case may be. I collect the stuff.

And since this is a thread for the latest release of the Madoka movie... shouldn't we be on topic? As a collector, which one do you think I should've bought? Which one will definitely be sharing shelf space with my Geneon Card Captor Sakura sets?

Man it would've been great if I could've seen this in the theater...

Juno016 wrote:
For those that care, thanks for reading my post! I hope it helps out a bit more.

Thanks for that info about the audio commentary. Much appreciated. I can definitely empathize with anyone attempting to translate an unscripted commentary with multiple people talking, at times one over the other... That has got to require an incredible amount of language and listening skill, that or just multiple translators? with each having a particular voice to focus on?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:09 am Reply with quote

Anyhow, why people taking stuff so seriously? If ya want dub opinions, ya go to those who regularly review dubs. Just like looking for anime opinion, ya go to one regularly reviewing anime. Everybody else take a grain of salt.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:45 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:

THANK YOU. Gonna hit capacity quick at that price (which I think is probably a misprint)

I doubt it's a misprint, it's three dollars more expensive than TRSI, although I like that extra better than what TRSI is offering. Still, I'm fine with my order from TRSI.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:36 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
SouthPacific wrote:
Blood- wrote:
The discussion is your hypocritical, trollish attempt to pretend you aren't being deliberately provocative in your opinion. To wit:

SouthPacific wrote:
@Kougeru, People are content with dubs that are horrible in comparison to their Japanese counterpart because the standard of quality is extremely low. And it's not getting better because most people are used to this standard, and simply doesn't have a general idea of what dubs could be, which is ultimately quite sad Sad .

Yeah, we can really tell you are interested in intelligent, nonconfrontational discourse there. The sincerity just oozes out of you. Rolling Eyes

Au contraire. A slightly dim 5-year-old would have no problem discerning your REAL point of that post. You know, I don't particularly care for jerks of any stripe, but the ones who get up my nose the most are the ones like you. The ones who sickeningly protest with wide-eyed innocence that all they want to do is have a civilized conversation, dotcha ya know, but phrase their "civilized" conversation in a way that is deliberately provocative.

It may surprise you to learn that I'm not particularly high on most dubs either. I can count on one hand the ones that I think are really good (Welcome to the NHK being one example). At best I find a lot merely serviceable and some genuinely atrocious (although those aren't as common as they used to be in the early days of dubbing). Like you, I love NISA releases. I understand some of the reasonable sub-only arguments: they are cheaper and available more quickly.

What I don't like is posters like you who take one topic, mindlessly soapbox about it and do it in a way that is DELIBERATELY inflammatory to those who feel differently about the subject. We had a moron here a while back called Mario12345 or something like that and every single time a sub-only announcement was made he would come into the thread and post, "no dub, no sale."

You are his trolling equivalent, the only difference being you lack his brevity and you puke-ishly try to pretend that you are interested in civilized discussion. You are fooling no one.

Hey man calm that noise down i am still alive and i still hate Sub only releases. I don't post much cause i am busy battling other fanboys but since you miss me so much i guess i can chime in... NO DUB NO BUY!!!! Why dub the TV series and not the movies?! In what world does that make since?!....... I am kind of out of practice but you get me. NO SALE!

[edit]: Also selling sub only releases at $100 or more is gross an if you people keep going the slaughter it won't change. Incoming!!! *I think $400 is a wonderful price for a DVD of a show i barley like* Man please leave this planet thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:42 am Reply with quote
THIS IS AN IMPORT!!! this is coming directly from Japan. Japan does not dub their shows into English. that's why this release does not have a dub Mario.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:05 am Reply with quote
Ugh, by actually naming Mario123blahblahblah, I've actually invoked its presence. Shame on me.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:13 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
SouthPacific wrote:
Blood- wrote:

SouthPacific wrote:

1. Like i've said so many times before, I am no dub-hater, or sub-purist. I've merely stated the very obvious cons of having a sub only release, and why dubs in their current state, both quality and production-wise are not feasible. I cannot control how some people would react to these statements. Really, it does feel like if someone decides to criticize certain things, you will get someone who is not only seemingly very, very angry, but also willing to defend his cause even if that means going to extreme (and ridiculous) lengths.

2. Unlike how you described mario123 i'm, in most cases, not the instigator of the argument. For this particular the thread there are some very obvious reasons as to why I had to reply to some people. I actually decided to ignore the first slightly aggrivating thing that popped up, but of course if it's an Aniplex release there will always be people who are rather ignorant about the situation.

So yeah, that's pretty much it. Oh, and if you wish to reply to any of my comments it'd be nice if you tried to be less condescending and dropped the belittling. I don't know about you, but when someone loses his/hers temper in a discussion that's pretty much the moment I stop taking them seriously.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:27 am Reply with quote
@ SouthPacific - I couldn't care less whether you take me seriously or not. I have only contempt for you and your attempts at trolling. I have quoted your condescending comment about how people accept bad dubs because they simply don't know any better. To me that is a prime example of your real agenda: to deliberately provoke people who hold a different opinion than yours. Quite slimely, you continue to avoid that evidence. Well, based on your posting history it's not like I expect you to suddenly become intellectually honest. So by all means, stop responding to me, but I will continue to point out your putrid behavior every time you do it.

If you want to soapbox your personal view of dubs, fill your boots. But leave off your patronizing and condescending theories as to why others don't share your particular view. Seems pretty simple, doesn't it? At least it should to a non-troll.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:37 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
@ SouthPacific - I couldn't care less whether you take me seriously or not. I have only contempt for you and your attempts at trolling. I have quoted your condescending comment about how people accept bad dubs because they simply don't know any better. To me that is a prime example of your real agenda: to deliberately provoke people who hold a different opinion than yours. Quite slimely, you continue to avoid that evidence. Well, based on your posting history it's not like I expect you to suddenly become intellectually honest. So by all means, stop responding to me, but I will continue to point out your putrid behavior every time you do it.

If you want to soapbox your personal view of dubs, fill your boots. But leave off your patronizing and condescending theories as to why others don't share your particular view. Seems pretty simple, doesn't it? At least it should to a non-troll.

I'm not avoiding anything at all, which is also why i'm not sugarcoating any of my statements. I have a hard time understanding how you're able to reach that conclusion Confused.

As for my theory about why today's dubs are accepted you can take it however you wish, it'd be nice if you tried to counter it instead of attacking me personally though.

But I guess that's not going to happen, because that's all you've been doing so far.

At this point i'm surprised you're calling me the troll, because yeah, it's definitely I who continue with the personal attacks & troll-calling. To be honest, at this point nearly anything that can spark conversation is a good thing, because it seems some people are tiptoeing carefully to avoid them.

And I can understand why, because chances are they will be met by someone as furious as yourself.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:41 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Ugh, by actually naming Mario123blahblahblah, I've actually invoked its presence. Shame on me.

You fool! What have you done?! You've doomed us ALL!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:09 pm Reply with quote
@ samuelp - given the gravity of my sin, I expect no forgiveness... Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8