• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yuruyuri Slice-of-Life Manga Gets New Animation Project

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Touma

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:10 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
It's not yuri, but basically, at the beginning of the show's airing, a user incorrectly put "yuri"and "harem."
I'm a big fan of Love Lab. I own all the manga, all the Blu-rays so far released, and went to the anime's "school festival" event. I would like for this misunderstanding to be cleared up as soon as possible as well.

I just audited Love Lab and voted to discard both yuri and harem.
Anybody who thinks that the themes are wrong should do the same.
If enough people vote for it they will be removed.
You can also submit other themes that you think are correct.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jamie38459

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Alright, more yuri antics from the Amusement club, I am so psyched Very Happy
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:

I don't intend to be rude, but this is something only the staff has been given rights to fix and they have failed to do so. The same staff which repeatedly gets facts wrong on nearly a daily basis. This tarnishes their aim to be "the internet's most trusted anime news source".

The encyclopedia staff and the news staff are not the same people. I recommend checking our staff page (animenewsnetwork.com/staff.php) if you would like to know who is responsible for what on the website.

Last edited by ANN_Lynzee on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rederoin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote
For those thinking it'll air in 2014. Chances are it will(since it got announced in early 2014), but it has not been confirmed yet.
Nayu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:41 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
Nayu wrote:

I don't intend to be rude, but this is something only the staff has been given rights to fix and they have failed to do so. The same staff which repeatedly gets facts wrong on nearly a daily basis. This tarnishes their aim to be "the internet's most trusted anime news source".

The encyclopedia staff and the news staff are not the same people. I recommend checking our staff page (animenewsnetwork.com/staff.php) if you would like to know who is responsible for what on the website.

Nice to see you tossed your colleagues under the bus.

You all are staff at Anime News Network.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:53 pm Reply with quote
"Hello! Welcome to ANN! Let me direct you to the correct department for your issue."

"You're a jerk, you all are responsible for all the departments."

Is that about right?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:33 am Reply with quote
You have to remember that for many anime fans, ANN is worse than Hitler for some...inexplicable reason.

They also hold the site to impossibly high standards for no good reason.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:42 am Reply with quote
I've taken down "harem" and "yuri" from Love Lab.

The audit system was introduced due to no staff could have watched or even accessed every title with debatable genres/themes, so helping hands from users are always welcome. If it is not satisfactory to many users, we might go back to the "old-fashioned" way: we do the research ourselves once a report is received, then mark any debatable genre/theme as true or false (i.e. hidden from users) directly.

For the record, under the current auditing system, once a genre/theme entered auditing an Encyclopedia staff could only mark it as either true or false; it could never be modified or removed, even if it was submitted by the staff him/herself (caused quite a few problems after "mutually contradictory" genres were introduced six years ago e.g. "fantasy vs. magic vs. supernatural").

Currently, the audit report (not easily accessible, and I don't know how many staff has the clearance to access it) has only three vintage titles with two genres each; all have been dealt with and none of which is Love Lab.

ADDENDUM: Seems the aforementioned audit report is for completed auditing only; I'm still trying to locate a report (if there's one) for ongoing auditing.

Last edited by dormcat on Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:12 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Nayu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:56 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
You have to remember that for many anime fans, ANN is worse than Hitler for some...inexplicable reason.

They also hold the site to impossibly high standards for no good reason.

Welcome back Chagen. I didn't miss you.

And it's not impossibly high standards when all we expect is for them not to be factually wrong on easily verifiable information every single day.

It isn't like they're doing actual reporting, all they do is troll the internet and repost reconfigured stuff they found already reported on elsewhere.

And thank you dormcat.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:58 am Reply with quote
Take it to the ANN Feedback forums if your beef with the site is really so strong you need to harass staffers and derail discussions.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3