• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers Anime & Game's 1st Promo Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricJ2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:42 am Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
EricJ2 wrote:
There's no question that Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is--was--one of the best domestic Marvel toons ever made. (Better than the legendary X-Men:TAS? That's to be debated.)
But would any heretical Japanese attempt to anime-interpret the Avengers be worse than the current "Avengers: Assemble"? That's also a good question.
Never got into Mightiest Heroes but from what I watched it was much better than its successor (which debuted shortly after it got cancelled).

A:EMH was moved out to make room for the "movie-canon friendly" A:A--
No Black Panther, no Wasp, no print comic costumes, nothing that didn't start from Disney's own Marvel Movie canon: Six characters, Hawkeye wears black muscle shirts instead of purple, they just met, and they hate each other. Rolling Eyes
(Oh, and bringing it more in line with the popular "hi-energy" style of "Ultimate Spiderman", where Peter Parker is now Ferris Beuller.)
oblivious247

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:52 am Reply with quote
Alexander55 wrote:
Its just Disney/Marvel at its finest. They are trying to overextend the life of franchises that are more than 3-4 decades old. My natural reaction would be for them to "stop and focus on making newer and more innovative comics outside the superhero genre" but knowing Marvel, they'll just milk the same franchises over and over again until they are flat out dry.

It's not like the fans want new. Books with new characters simply don't sell, not at the volume the Big 2 consider a success.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3