• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tamashii Nations Unveils SH Figurarts Sailor Saturn Figure

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamui85

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:15 pm Reply with quote
wow what a surprise they started the outers with saturn!
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:26 pm Reply with quote
kamui85 wrote:
wow what a surprise they started the outers with saturn!

She is the most powerful, after all. I wonder if this means the new anime is going to make it to the Infinity arc?
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I have the Sailor Moon one. So far I've restrained myself from buying the other senshi, but I have to admit I'm tempted to get Saturn. I'm a sucker for characters with scythes.

Last edited by shamisen the great on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
supersqueak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:32 pm Reply with quote
So far I only have Sailor Moon. I would love to work on getting the others.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Hotaru! Very Happy

Venus looks like a deer caught in the headlights in that pic though. Confused It could just be the lighting and the angle of the shot though.
AnimeMaine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:08 am Reply with quote
Is this figure from a different set than these? I assume so based on price. But if anyone knows, I'd be appreciative.
http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000084620/#item-top
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:49 am Reply with quote
AnimeMaine wrote:
Is this figure from a different set than these? I assume so based on price. But if anyone knows, I'd be appreciative.
http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000084620/#item-top

Those figures seem to be part of a set called "HGIF Sailor Moon Collection". They also seem to be solid, non-articulated pieces (i.e. they're a single piece of plastic in a pose, you can't really play with them).

Figuarts are much different. Figuarts are fully articulated (at the very least, head, neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees, ankles, if not more), come with multiple hands for a variety of poses and items to hold, and usually come with props of some sort. As you can see in the images here, the Sailor Moon Figuart comes with the Moon Stick, the frisbee form of her Tiara, 3 alternate faces (winking, no tiara, and crying), as well as Luna. They're basically very high-end action figures, and are roughly the same size as standard US action figures, if not slightly bigger (the site I got the images from says 140mm).

Figuarts Zero, which are the other figures in the images, are closer to what you posted, but way more expensive. Figuarts Zero have the same high-quality sculpting that normal Figuarts have, but they are larger (190mm for Sailor Moon), and are statue/statuettes, in a solid pose (which is how they get the special effects with them and everything).
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:58 am Reply with quote
Wow, the Sailor Mercury Figuarts ZERO looks nice! I'll need to pick that one up.

And Figuarts ZERO isn't THAT expensive. The One Piece line were fairly cheap,
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:16 am Reply with quote
When I first saw stuff for the Sailor Moon Figuart Zero, it was running about $100 to the Figuart's $40.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:29 pm Reply with quote
This is a 100% preorder for me. I only bought Moon so far because I wanted to save up for the Outers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
When I first saw stuff for the Sailor Moon Figuart Zero, it was running about $100 to the Figuart's $40.

OK, I guess I was wrong about Sailor Moon. I dunno why it's so expensive for a Figuarts ZERO line. I guess because it's a 1/8 scale but even so, that's WAY high. And Figuarts ZERO's motto was 'high quality for a low price.' The Sailor Moon figure clearly goes against that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1