• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
List of series that are incomplete in North America

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I have uploaded to Google Drive (Docs) a spreadsheet with a list of the manga titles that were never completely released in North America.
Here is the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap6HX26HJVt-dGFyZlVRTXhpRVh4YW5zQ0p0YVFJRmc&usp=sharing

Last Updated: 2015-04-07

The purpose of this list is to allow people to find out if a series that they are interested in has been completely released. It also shows how many volumes were released in North America and in Japan.
The list can be sorted by title or by publisher.
You can save a copy to your computer or to your own Google Drive account if you want to.

I would like to keep the list as current and complete as possible.
If you see anything that should be changed or know of any titles that should be added please post that information here in this thread.

Whenever I make a change to the file I will edit this post and make a new post to advise people of the changes.

Last edited by Touma on Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:49 pm; edited 17 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:48 pm Reply with quote
For anybody who might have saved a copy of the first file I have used red text for everything that is different in the new file.
I am going to leave it like that for a few days and then change all of the text to black, because the red text would probably be confusing to anybody else who views the file.

After that I will find a different way to indicate changes.
I am thinking of possibly adding another column for 'Date Changed". If I do that I will not add dates for the series that are already on the list. Only those that are added or changed after today will have dates. That should make them easy to identify.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Altacia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Lets see here..

Silver Diamond 9 of 26 were released by TokyoPop

Demon Sacred 4 of 11 were released by TokyoPop

Trinity Blood was cut short too, at volume... 12? Also another TP one.

Does it count as not being released if someone picked it up and only released the new volumes digitally?
Pleinair

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Gonna see if I can help, I have so many incompletes. Sigh.
Aspirin by Yeong-Eun Kim, only one Volume of ten was released by Tokyopop, and it's Manhwa rather then Manga, dunno if that's important? It's not in the database here at ANN.
The Original Publication of Alice in the Country of Hearts (Art: Soumei Hoshino) by Tokyopop was halted at five of six, but Yen Press Picked it up and re-released all six in three big Omnibus forms.
Arcana by So-Young Lee Ran nine of eleven volumes from Tokyopop, also more Manhwa.
Bride of Deimos ran seven volumes of I think seventeen from Comics One. Why, I want more, so much more.
Crayon Shin-Chan has a complicated run, of the 50+ volumes, 12 were announced by CMX, only Eleven made it out I believe, and apparently another Publisher (One Peace?) has picked it up and is releasing them Omnibus style, so we'll see how well that goes.
Demon Flowers, only four of the five made it out, the fifth volume was announced, and even put up for sale in some places, but it just doesn't exist as far as I can find.
The Embalmer got four volumes of six from Tokyopop.
Gakuen Prince got four volumes announced but only three released of twelve from Kodansha, not really sure why.
Gamerz Heaven got two of the four volumes from ADV, and I think the series was cancelled in Japan?
I.N.V.U. is still kinda ongoing, but we got 5 of the six currents from Tokyopop.
Life, another Tokyopop, got ten announced, nine released, of the twenty.
Martin and John, yet another Tokyopop, one volume of Twelve. I had no idea this series was so long!
Pick of the Litter, Tokyopop, five of the six. Sigh again.
The Queens Knight, only twelve of seventeen made it to print, Tokyopop.
Stolen Hearts, three announced, only two hit shelves, of four, a CMX title,
That's what I got from my personal collection that is here! I tried to be as thorough and correct as possible.
There were 26 volumes in Silver Diamond?! Jiminy!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Altacia wrote:
Silver Diamond 9 of 26 were released by TokyoPop

Demon Sacred 4 of 11 were released by TokyoPop

Trinity Blood was cut short too, at volume... 12? Also another TP one.

Thanks.
I will add those when I do another update.
Quote:
Does it count as not being released if someone picked it up and only released the new volumes digitally?

Yes, I think that it does count.
In a case like that I would give the number of paper volumes with a note that it was continued digitally.
If I was looking for information to decide if I wanted to start a series I would want to know about that.
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:15 pm Reply with quote
@Pleinair
Thank you for those.
I do not know yet when I will do the next update, but they will be included.
Altacia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Sex Pistols/Love Pistols 5 Volumes were released by BLU, Still going in Japan. Sublime picked it up, they've released up until 7 digitally...

Sad
Merida

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Song of the Hanging Sky by Toriko Gin. Go!Comi released 2 of 4 volumes. I'm pretty convinced that nobody except myself ever purchased this series, but i was rather fond of it and i'm still mad that i wasn't able to completely collect such a short series... Sad
Highway Star

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:33 pm Reply with quote
The one volume of Pineapple Army Viz released is actually a selection of stories from multiple Japanese volumes, if that's worth mentioning.

No. 5 cancelled after 2 volumes, originally 8

Even A Monkey Can Draw Manga cancelled after 1 volume, originally 3

Area 88 cancelled after 6 volumes, originally 23

All Viz, by the way.
Ensof

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Ice Blade: Tokyopop (then known as Mixx) released 3 of 19 volumes. Not sure if it's worth noting that those volumes were cherry-picked and published out of chronological order.

Satsuma Gishiden: Dark Horse published 3 out of 6.

Shadow Star: Some nit-picking from me here - the 7 volumes published by Dark Horse correspond to the first 6 in Japan, so in a sense they released 6 out of 12. Also they serialised a further volume and a half in Super Manga Blast magazine which didn't make it into trade paperback format.
Touma

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Pleinair wrote:
... it's Manhwa rather then Manga, dunno if that's important?

I will include Manhwa and Manhua.
I will also include at least some OEL. That gets kind of tricky because it is sometimes difficult to draw a line between OEL "manga" and other graphic novels. For now, if it looks like manga and comes from a publisher that publishes mostly manga I will include it. I know that there are some from Tokyopop on the list.

I have seen all of the titles that have been submitted up to now and have started working on the next update.

Thank you to Merida, Highway Star, and Ensof.
Yumehito

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:18 pm Reply with quote
I think it's awesome that you are doing this. It really makes me realize how many manga I own, or want to read, that have never been finished over here.

Here's a few more to add to the list:

Aventura: 3 of 5, Del Rey
Code:Breaker: 2 of 26, Del Rey
Dark Edge: 10 of 15, Comics One and Dr Master both tried to release this one
Duck Prince: 3 of 6, Central Park Media
Immortal Rain: 8 of 11, TokyoPop
Portrait of M and N: 4 of 6, TokyoPop
Queen of Ragtonia: 1 of 2, Aurora
Tsukihime: 6 of 10, Dr Master

Some corrections:

Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok had two volumes released
Yuozajura Quartet should be Yozakura Quartet
Ensof

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
If manhwa's included, here are a couple more cancelled series from Dark Horse:

XS Hybrid: 3 of 5 volumes.
Chunchu: The Genocide Fiend: 3 of 15 volumes (currently on hiatus in Korea).
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:38 pm Reply with quote
I've been bitching about these across the forums for the past 3 years, both by Dark Horse. They appear to be cancelled but I'm not sure if there's been an official word:

MPD-Psycho (DH released 10 volumes of the 19 published so far in Japan)

Ghost Talker's Daydream (DH released 6 of a total 10 volumes)
Ensof

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:32 am Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
I've been bitching about these across the forums for the past 3 years, both by Dark Horse. They appear to be cancelled but I'm not sure if there's been an official word:

MPD-Psycho (DH released 10 volumes of the 19 published so far in Japan)

Ghost Talker's Daydream (DH released 6 of a total 10 volumes)

Good news about MPD Psycho - Amazon has volume 11 listed for release on 5 August: link.

Ghost Talker's Daydream does seem highly unlikely at this point, but given that 2014 sees both Eden and MPD Psycho resurrected, I don't think it can be written off just yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6