• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
List of series that are incomplete in North America

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:24 pm Reply with quote
@Ensof

Wow, when did that happen? I totally missed that, thanks for the link. I'm surprised it isn't up on rightstuf yet.

As for Daydream, I'm not even that big a fan of the manga. It's just annoying to have a series almost finished, with no word from the publisher.
Pleinair

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:28 am Reply with quote
Another one, Sweet & Sensitive by PARK Eun-Ah, I don't know how many volumes actually made it out over here, but I know not all fourteen of them did not, but I have two in my collection from ADV.

And a correction I think, Haru Hana had an omnibus come out of all three in one, from Tokyopop, but that is the only release I know of? So it is complete if that is the only one.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I just added 10 titles to, the list.
They all have today's date:
2014-02-16

I hope to add more tomorrow and get caught up with all of the submissions to date.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Touma

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:59 pm Reply with quote
I just added 10 more titles to the list.
They all have today's date:
2014-02-17

It looks like I need to do 13 more to have everything that has been submitted so far.
I might get that done this afternoon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Touma

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:45 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Ghost Talker's Daydream (DH released 6 of a total 10 volumes)

Are you sure about the 10 volumes? The encyclopedia shows 8, but it might need to be updated.
EDIT: Please ignore this. I have confirmed the 10 volumes.

Ensof wrote:
Ghost Talker's Daydream does seem highly unlikely at this point, but given that 2014 sees both Eden and MPD Psycho resurrected, I don't think it can be written off just yet.

It definitely is possible that they might still continue it, but since it has been almost 3 years since the last volume I am going to add it to the list.

Last edited by Touma on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Touma

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:03 pm Reply with quote
I just added 13 more titles to the list.
That is a total of 23 with today's date:
2014-02-17

Also, "Haru Hana" was removed.
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:55 am Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Ghost Talker's Daydream (DH released 6 of a total 10 volumes)

Are you sure about the 10 volumes? The encyclopedia shows 8, but it might need to be updated.

I was able to confirm that there were 10 volumes.

EDIT: Ghost Talker's Daydream was added to the list on 2014-02-18

I think that the list is completely up to date, for now.
There are now 270 titles on the list.
Levitz9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:51 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to add something.

Media Blasters licensed and released the first three volumes of Fujoshi Rumi. The series is seven volumes long: it was never finished.

Song of the Hanging Sky was licensed and released in the U.S. by Go Comi: only the first of two volumes were released.

And, seeing as Strange Kind of Woman is on the list, I'll toss Love & Hate in. It's two volumes long, and released in the U.S. by Eros Comix. Only the first was brought over.
Touma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:30 pm Reply with quote
^
I added Love & Hate. The others were on the list.
Thank you.

The list is up to date now.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:47 pm Reply with quote
@Touma
I have a foot note I intended to mention earlier concerning Hyper Dolls from Studio Ironcat. The list is correct as to graphic novels, however, they did issue the balance of the series in comic book form. I'm not sure how you could indicate that.
Touma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
I have a foot note I intended to mention earlier concerning Hyper Dolls from Studio Ironcat. The list is correct as to graphic novels, however, they did issue the balance of the series in comic book form. I'm not sure how you could indicate that.

Since Hyper Dolls was completed I should remove it from the list.

From what I have seen on eBay I think that there were 6 comic book issues for each of the five volumes.

Thanks
einhorn303

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:25 pm Reply with quote
This is the most depressing list. There are so many of my favorite titles on this list Anime cry

RE: Yubisaki Milk Tea: I believe that the 8th English volume printed by Tokyopop was an omnibus with volumes 8 and 9. So 9 volumes were printed in English, out of the 10 Japanese volumes (so close). I'm just going by information I've found online, though, so I could be wrong.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:28 am Reply with quote
Having another look at the list, Kingdom Hearts 2 has been rescued by Yen Press.

Another one to add. Sky Blue Shore. 2/6 released by Tokyopop.
Touma

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:16 am Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
RE: Yubisaki Milk Tea: I believe that the 8th English volume printed by Tokyopop was an omnibus with volumes 8 and 9. So 9 volumes were printed in English, out of the 10 Japanese volumes (so close). I'm just going by information I've found online, though, so I could be wrong.

Everything that I can find indicates that you are correct.
I will change it.

st_owly wrote:
Having another look at the list, Kingdom Hearts 2 has been rescued by Yen Press.

It looks like Yen released all five original volumes in two omnibus volumes.
I will note it as being rescued and completed.

Quote:
Another one to add. Sky Blue Shore. 2/6 released by Tokyopop.

I will add that.
That is the first addition in nearly three months. It would be nice if no more ever need to be added. And nicer yet if many of them can be removed because they have been rescued.

Thanks to both of you.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:40 am Reply with quote
Touma wrote:

That is the first addition in nearly three months. It would be nice if no more ever need to be added. And nicer yet if many of them can be removed because they have been rescued.

Thanks to both of you.

That it would. However, I've just remembered another. Lives by Masayuki Taguchi, 1/2 released by TP. It was one of the few series which got their "new" branding just before they went under. I've just been to the comic store and seen volume 1 in the bargain bin, hence why I remembered it.

There may well be some more TP dregs floating around still.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6