• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
House of 1000 Manga - His Favorite

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuzzytipsy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:27 pm Reply with quote
peeyaj wrote:
His Favorite is one of my favorite BL manga.. It's a pity though that the manga only has Chapter 19. It's very funny.

Volume 6 was just released in English in January, that has chapters 22-26. You can get a physical or digital copy from SuBLime Manga.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:51 pm Reply with quote
fuzzytipsy wrote:
I assumed that is was referring to the Love Pistols (Sex Pistols) series.

That maybe, but I figured it meant those characters that are part animal (e.g., Loveless, with the cat ears and tails), or transform into animals (Man's Best Friend), which seem to be not uncommon in the genre. Smile
zensunni

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:44 am Reply with quote
Props for the Tom Lehrer reference! That made me smile.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Never heard of this manga before I read this column so I decided to check out a chapter online and just sort of fell in love with it. I'm definitely going to buy the first volume of this when I get my next paycheck comes in Very Happy
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:00 am Reply with quote
My best friend was nagging on at me to read this for ages, and she eventually bought me the first volume because she was that insistent that I should. I don't think I've ever laughed so much reading a BL manga. Yoshida is so hilariously awkward it's wonderful.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:13 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
My best friend was nagging on at me to read this for ages, and she eventually bought me the first volume because she was that insistent that I should. I don't think I've ever laughed so much reading a BL manga. Yoshida is so hilariously awkward it's wonderful.

I'm glad you recommended this to me! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Oh my word, this sounds like EVERYTHING I ever wanted in a BL. I need to check this out. Gonna have to figure out how to sneak this past me dad.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Heh, the hellish camp where they lost the weight sounds interesting. Hell on earth then you become a bishie? Yoshida is cooler than most of the uke's that inhabit BL manga.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:56 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Oh my word, this sounds like EVERYTHING I ever wanted in a BL. I need to check this out. Gonna have to figure out how to sneak this past me dad.

I believe that SuBLime has a digital purchase option? Unless your father has access to your computer, you can easily purchase it.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

I believe that SuBLime has a digital purchase option? Unless your father has access to your computer, you can easily purchase it.

Yeah, whenever I get some money I should probably do that. I don't buy much BL because not much of it appeals to me and it would make for some...awkward conversations with my parents.

But this sounds so cute. SO cute. Like so many of the BL stories I used to write in secret. I have to read this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2