• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Zero's Aoki Helms Nitro+ & Urobuchi's Aldnoah.Zero TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
drdr48 wrote:
LOL!

What with this guy and the title "Zero"?! Anime hyper

Anyway, best writer in the industry and one of the best directors, but why, WHY A-1?!

One of the WORST studios in industry.

Whats wrong with A-1? They put out consistently high quality and popular anime. Do you dislike them because they are Aniplexs pet studio or something? (people seem to hate everything Aniplex these days)
I love A-1. To be fair, people don't dislike Aniplex..they just dislike their pricing/practices in America where they offer the same amount/quality of product for twice the price people like NIS America do. Their idea that everyone is Japanese is not good for the industry. They do have good franchise in their palms though, and A-1 is a constant source of that.

Aniplex idea is actually really simple. Throw popular names at other popular names, hype the shit out of it, have good production values for the first handful of episodes and let the fans do the rest of the work. Sometimes you get a great show, other times it's pure hype and nothing more.
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:41 am Reply with quote
Great news.

I'm hoping Urobuchi will write more than just the first and last episode himself so that there will be more consistency than Gargantia had, but other than that, I'm very much in.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Knoepfchen wrote:
Great news.

I'm hoping Urobuchi will write more than just the first and last episode himself so that there will be more consistency than Gargantia had, but other than that, I'm very much in.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Hopefully more than the first and last.
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:02 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Animate is fujoshi central... if your show is aimed at fujoshis, its the place you go to market it. I'm not interested in fujoshi stuff so that tells me its not a show for me.

Animate is known for marketing things to fujoshi.
It is also known for marketing things to male otaku.
Trust me. I've been there many a time, and BOTH markets are pretty prevalent. In the one I went to several times last year, you even had to walk through the otaku-centric area to reach the fujoshi-centric area of the store. Not to mention, the fujoshi section was bigger than usual for a hobby media shop, but it definitely was dwarfed compared to the otaku section. When I went to a different Animate in Matsuyama in 2008, all I saw was Haruhi and Lucky Star upon walking through the door, and the brochure had boobs all over it (original illustrations specific for Animate fliers).

I wouldn't be surprised if the new Urobuchi anime had lots of bishounen in it (Fate/Zero, Psycho-Pass), but at the very least, the majority of his shows are usually worth a watch. And it's hard to find an Urobuchi series without moe in it. He DID start out in the otaku-focused erotic industry, after all. =P
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Hrrmm.. I'm gunna wait til we see a preview image or something. There isn't much about it here, but some of the staff looks promising.

RyanSaotome wrote:
Quote:
The first key visual is debuting at the Shibuya Q's wall display in Tokyo on Sunday, and it will then be at Animate stores nationwide starting February 18.

Whelp the fact they are using Animate to market this show means its not for me.

I really don't get why this matters. Animate is a big store, and has shops in places other than the one on Otome Road. Using them for marketing isn't a bad idea, and doesn't really mean it's for women. They've marketed male series before too. Though not sure why it matters who it's originally aimed at. A good work is a good work regardless of the demographic it was meant for.
You have some silly excuses for not being interested in something.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:29 pm Reply with quote
I watch more then enough shows, I can't watch everything (I average like 30-35 currently airing shows at a time). I'm not going to give everything a chance if its not something I'm interested in the first place... shows with a bunch of hot guys are an easy thing for me to pass on. I did that with Gen Urobuchi before since I didn't watch Psycho Pass, and I have no problem skipping this one as well if it has a focus on bishounen again.
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I did that with Gen Urobuchi before since I didn't watch Psycho Pass, and I have no problem skipping this one as well if it has a focus on bishounen again.

I already know that about you and I'm not going to dispute your reasoning behind that, as we all have our own initial judgments and a lot of us do miss out on good stuff just because we didn't look interested in it in the first place. We have our own values and if yours involves not finding shows with lots of bishounen in them worth a look within the sea of other stuff you watch, then so be it. But...

...what if it's NOT lots of bishounen again? =P

I just criticize your pre-first impression. If it reveals itself to have a good balance in gender or not look like a total bishounen, I'm sure you'll be more willing to change your mind, but... they haven't even done that, and you already sound so sure. Can you REALLY be that sure about it?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:18 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/26774/Fujoshi+Shops+Tokyo.html

Animate is fujoshi central... if your show is aimed at fujoshis, its the place you go to market it. I'm not interested in fujoshi stuff so that tells me its not a show for me.

I like how you get mad when people hastily judge your Otaku shows before they air but you're judging this before we even know the PLOT.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:

I just criticize your pre-first impression. If it reveals itself to have a good balance in gender or not look like a total bishounen, I'm sure you'll be more willing to change your mind, but... they haven't even done that, and you already sound so sure. Can you REALLY be that sure about it?

Considering he refused to watch Psycho-Pass despite having a balanced cast all because two guys were bishounen; I doubt he'll even look at this if it turns out to have a balanced cast.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:

Considering he refused to watch Psycho-Pass despite having a balanced cast all because two guys were bishounen; I doubt he'll even look at this if it turns out to have a balanced cast.

Hell by the end of Psycho Pass S1, spoiler[freakin' Gino is the last guy standing. The rest is Akane and 3 lesbians in their division!] And it is as much as Akane's story as is Kogami's.

I hope these guys do something rather different for their mecha show. Having a female-lead pilot would be most desirable considering they're surprisingly a few and far between.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:24 am Reply with quote
Well this looks promising.

http://i.imgur.com/MoG7lwn.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:27 am Reply with quote
That looks promising, indeed. Love the tagline.

"Should the whole frame of Nature round him break, / In ruin and confusion hurled, / He, unconcerned, would hear the mighty crack, / And stand secure amidst a falling world."

It might be too early, but I'm hoping for some grim and challenging end of the world scenario. Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2