• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Little Battlers eXperience/Danbōru Senki Coming to Nicktoons

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Mister Ryan Andrews wrote:
Nicktoons? Man, that stinks. I guess all the guns will now be neon colored and shoot lasers instead of bullets now and people will be sent to the Shadow Realm instead of dying. Name changes indicate it's going to be one of those dubs...

Who licensed it anyway? It seems kind of dumb to license the anime but not the game it was based on and other merchandise. It's like Battle Spirits all over again where they only get a part of the franchise then wonder why it did poorly.. Rolling Eyes

Could be worse; if it was on The CW, it would've gotten the same edits.
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:16 pm Reply with quote
So now Nicktoons has Digimon Fusion (which is now also on weekdays), Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL (which they've purposefully mistreated for the past year), Monsuno: Combat Chaos (which they've recently brought back, but only in reruns), and now LBX, making it 5 anime so far.
anifani

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Monsuno: Combat Chaos (which they've recently brought back, but only in reruns)

FYI - New episode Sunday at 10:30 Eastern.

Blast from the past - I remember them changing Ban to Van for Zoids Chaotic Century....anyone else remember? (I'm really getting old.)

I thought Danbouru Senki was great and looking forward to it....kind of wondering how they're going to handle that assassination attempt? Oops was that a spoiler??
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:27 pm Reply with quote
anifani wrote:
Quote:
Monsuno: Combat Chaos (which they've recently brought back, but only in reruns)

FYI - New episode Sunday at 10:30 Eastern.

Blast from the past - I remember them changing Ban to Van for Zoids Chaotic Century....anyone else remember? (I'm really getting old.)

I thought Danbouru Senki was great and looking forward to it....kind of wondering how they're going to handle that assassination attempt? Oops was that a spoiler??

Sunday 10:30a AND 2:30p. When they brought M:CC back, they immediately showed a new episode before they started showing reruns the next week. With how Nicktoons has treated the 4 aforementioned anime before LBX, we'll see if LBX will survive Nicktoons' pathetic scheduling. Fun fact: Dentsu USA, the same company that's licensed Danball Senki as LBX, also produces the Monsuno anime.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:37 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
I happen to know that these "International Names" were chosen by Level 5 themselves from the very beginning.

They are used in every international market for the show and games.

Pretty sure the Animax Asia dub used the original names.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:34 pm Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
samuelp wrote:
I happen to know that these "International Names" were chosen by Level 5 themselves from the very beginning.

They are used in every international market for the show and games.

Pretty sure the Animax Asia dub used the original names.

Sorry, by international I meant "non-asian" markets. that's how Dentsu's been pitching it anyway.
Mister Ryan Andrews

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:38 am Reply with quote
Davy0 wrote:
Nicktoons has aired anime that have said the words "die" or "kill", and have kept most things in tact in animes like Digimon Fusion

I've seen their dubs of Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal and Digimon Xros Wars and they are horrendous and not at all 'kept most things intact'. The only reason I watch them is to see how much they change and am eagerly awaiting Minervamon's debut in the dub of Digimon.

All I'm saying is this seems like a bad idea when you have a show revolving around bad guys shooting kids with real guns and having an overall plotline that is very political/conglomerate about weaponizing and manufacturing a children's hobby as a weapon. The first arc involves assassinating political figures who are trying to push a bill to prevent that and also exposing corrupting in companies embezzling funds leading to public safety issues of said toys and city construction. Seems like an weird fit for Nickelodeon
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2