• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Sailor Moon Anime Adds Majestic Prince Animator, Naruto Composer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Takanashi huh? While he is one of my favorite composers i don't like the idea of him composing for another anime that will more than likely have a precure/fantasia doll vibe. He's been doing precure stuff for like 5 years now? That seems to be his comfort zone. Shounen and precure esque anime seems to be all he does these days. Bleh

Personally i think Hiroshi Takaki would be a perfect fit for this one. His score for the precure series so far has been marvelous and would definitely fit better into the Sailor Moon universe.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote
So apparently it is coming out in July this year. Anyone want to make a bet on it not meeting that deadline? It's been delayed so much even another three months wouldn't surprise me at this point.
Minimimiau

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Well, finally we are getting new info about the next SM anime. I see that Toei is recruiting a lot of staff that has previously work on precure.
Shiggity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Totally no disrespect to this newly hired (though apparently been in the industry a while) composer, but I much liked the original series' Arisawa Takanori (Rest in peace Takanori-san). Oh well... I'm sure this dude has some great stuff too as many of you say he does.
Z-Raid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Finally some news about Sailor Moon that isn't merchandise related. It's not much, but it's better than learning about a new toy or something.

dtm42 wrote:
So apparently it is coming out in July this year. Anyone want to make a bet on it not meeting that deadline? It's been delayed so much even another three months wouldn't surprise me at this point.

It wouldn't surprise me if the anime did get delayed again. It's been delayed like, what, two times already? Third times the charm (and the irritation of every Sailor Moon fan).

I would feel more safe about the anime actually airing when they say it's going to air if they showed some production work, character models, anything that is more concrete than just some minor information.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I'll put a tenner on Christmas. Wink
Sango chan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Cool, I love Naruto's and Fairy Tail's Music alot. I can't wait to see what the he does with the music here.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
This is amazing. Majestic Prince had some of the best animation of the year. Naruto composer...meh.

sarroush wrote:
Let us not forget the godliness that is the Fairy Tail OST.
Yasuharu is a great composer. The OST will be great. That is all.

Shiki's score was a stroke of greatness and My Bride is a Mermaid's was pretty good to, so I think Takanashi will do fine here. Yukie Sato knows how to make high-quality and clean animation character designs, and if they could help make Hisashi Hirai's character designs look on-model and refreshing, then Sailor Moon's designs should be in good hands.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:11 pm Reply with quote
sarroush wrote:
Let us not forget the godliness that is the Fairy Tail OST.
Yasuharu is a great composer. The OST will be great. That is all.

I have to agree here. I loved his work on Fairy Tail, Naruto Shippuden and the Hell Girl series. It almost makes me want to give Sailor Moon another try..almost.
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Takanashi Yasuharu?!

Oh wow, I've high expectations of the OST now. I'm convinced that the soundtrack is going to be amazing.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Woah. I had little interest in Sailor Moon but the art directors of Mononoke, Ayakashi, Kyousogiga, and Gatchaman Crowds working on this means I gotta check this out. Oh, and while I thought Naruto's score was kinda cheesy Shiki had a really badass soundtrack. Interesting.
Lt_Ripley

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I really hoped to have the great surprise of knowing Yoshihiko Umakoshi would be the character designer. i am so sure he could do the best job.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Lt_Ripley wrote:
I really hoped to have the great surprise of knowing Yoshihiko Umakoshi would be the character designer. i am so sure he could do the best job.
Depends on what is considered as "best". For me Best would be no, or not much deviation from original. Anyway this explains a lot as to why we haven't seen any designs for the "new" production as yet. Wink
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to see a PV in the future also.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:20 pm Reply with quote
The fact that we're getting regular updates on key staff members gives me the impression that it WILL meet the deadline. Remember, we had NONE of this from June 2012 to January 2014. I think they just announced it too early and the updates were too vague. We even have a set month. Before, we had just "Summer" and even more vaguely "Winter."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3