• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Unstoppable Thelma & Louise Duos

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:40 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if I would put Revy and Eda on this list, to me they are not a pairing, at least not like the others. They once in blue moon collaborate if its to their advantage, but they normally kind of hate each other. I mean Revy would kill Eda if she messed around with Rock.

By that token I would put Ryoko and Aeka on the list, they will also work with each other when its to their benefit.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:51 am Reply with quote
I fully admit that my personal bias would have Kei and Yuri at the top of the list!
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:38 am Reply with quote
I ADORE Kiyone and Mihoshi and am glad to see them here. Kiyone is one of my favorite characters in anime. She's down-to-earth, witty, sarcastic, not to mention REALLY attractive. She was the best part of the Tenchi franchise, and any part of it that doesn't have her in it just doesn't feel the same (and I even started with the original OVAs without her). Noike... don't get me started on her...

I'm also a huge Dirty Pair fan, and seeing them here was a given. They're just like Kiyone and Mihoshi, only on better terms. Both of them are equally badass, and both have great chemistry together. Their hijinks are really entertaining.

Also, what's NOT to love about Revy and Eda? It's Black Lagoon!

We need more anime with badass female duos.
kgw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:47 am Reply with quote
I am gonna say two things about the mohawk's poll:
1. Tsugumu Kinagase
2. See 1.
Very Happy
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:05 am Reply with quote
Cool list, I have no objection over it. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zrdb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:56 am Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
I fully admit that my personal bias would have Kei and Yuri at the top of the list!

Damn straight-they ARE the originial "Girls With Guns" after all.
Relairknight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Wait wait wait wait. No Jo and Meg from Burst Angel? List fail.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Relairknight wrote:
Wait wait wait wait. No Jo and Meg from Burst Angel? List fail.

Oh yeah, Meg and Jo works. But, Meg is not really much of a Thelma or Louise. If anything Jo spends more time rescuing her. As far as them always travelling together the Thelma and Louise may work. Smile

Some may have their feelings about Kei and Yuri but they are never apart, just blowing crap up. Even though they've had their interest with guys, that's only went so far. So it's kind of like "what could have been" but we the creators didn't write it include future prospects.

Kirika and Mirelle, definitely.

Eda and Revy, it could be a case, but based on what we got was not like they hung out all the time. But they do have a chemistry that they can work together and get SH*T done. Hell, if you want to go that route you could add Revy and Shenhua. But Revy has a closer relation to Eda than Shenhua.

Eclaire and Lumiere definitely. They're practically immortal and have been through thick and thin. And they get work done. One the brains one the brawns.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:26 pm Reply with quote
TG72 wrote:
Before anyone else says it, honorable mention for Michiko and Hatchin!

Agreed!
dlm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:51 pm Reply with quote
khthibault wrote:
Disappointed by the lack of Nadie and Ellis.

Me too, but I accept it given that Ellis wasn't really much of an action girl. Nadie had to carry that for the series, although Ellis did have her moments.

And, they DID have a kind of T&L ending, no? (No need to spoiler because, if you haven't seen it, no matter what you are inferring, you are wrong. Smile )
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote
What about Madlax & Vanessa, Michiko & Hatchin, and Cannan & Maria?
trilaan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little confused by the nature of the list. Does it mean the relationship between the two women? Is it how they react to their situations? Is it about being willing to die with each other rather than be caught or defeated? Or is it all of that?

Mohawk Poll: Master Sergeant Cryburn. That mohawk has seen so many battles it would grind all others to dust.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:56 am Reply with quote
Best mohawk?

Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:22 pm Reply with quote
I do have to admit that I would love a "Limit Break" called "SUCKA!!!"

Tsumugu Kinagase, my #1 for best fire red mohawk.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
While I might quibble about the exact order, these are all excellent choices, and I do agree that the top duo is the one most likely to have a Thelma and Louise ending. I also agree that Eclair and Lumiere (although they're not the ones from their series which actually do have a T&L ending) and Morgan and Octavia would probably be the most worthy #8 and #9 picks.

True , but how is it that they didn't get on this list is beyond me. and its cause that revy and eda dislikes one another that i wont put them number one on this list.
i would have had Eclair and Lumiere at #6 and Kay and Yuri at number 1 hands down. though personally i would have their Flash versions at number 7.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2