• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim's Toonami Loses Rights to Run Inuyasha

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Toonami? What's a Toonami when it's at home then? Wink that's a rhetorical question BTW.
otakumachinegun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Although they ran Inuyasha into the ground, it is still a early Sunday morning comfort I'm going to miss.
Keiichi-chan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:42 pm Reply with quote
thank god.

screw idiots wanting something to be on tv for 'nostalgia' alone. i'm sure the majority of people wanting it to remain on tv haven't bothered to watch it in years.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:51 pm Reply with quote
They have to replace it with something old. They can't replace it with some new anime since, besides not having much money and whatever money they got they have to pace throughout the year, adding something new means one of their shows with new episodes would be airing around 3am in the morning, whose TV ratings at that deader timeslot would not justify the price for new episodes. There's only so much new shows they can air at a given time for the prices paid.
Ronin2081

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Well I don't know when they're premiering the dub since I don't really follow the show (not a big fan of it at all). I just remember that funi and delays go like bread and butter. Plus if I recall correctly, it took them 2.5 years after they licensed guilty crown to actually get it out

With Guilty Crown I wouldn't be surprised if there were rights issues with the Sound Track.

I know a lot of people expected Final Act to air on Toonami and view this as a bad sign. Just remember they didn't air all of Naruto and still managed to get Shippuden. So there still is a chance they could get Final Act, unlike other shows that could do just as well on Toonami (Tiger and Bunny for example.) Maybe if/when Bleach leaves at the end of the year they will get something else from Viz.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:43 pm Reply with quote
This sucks, but if they're going to replace it then maybe Ghost Stories, or perhaps Excel Saga. Great Teacher Onizuka would also suit the block as well! All three have action in them, and on top of that they're all hilarous anime! (Especially Ghost Stories and Excel Saga, I'm surprised [Adult Swim] hasn't picked those up already.) Oh well, I'm gonna still miss Inuyasha though, it was my Sunday morning tradtion to watch the recording of it.

Last edited by yotsubafanfan on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
doomydoomdoom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Bawwww. Inuyasha was the anime that really turned me on to anime, the first one I was big into, a decade ago. Definitely like an old friend, I was kind of glad they kept it in reserve for all these years. Not that I was watching; mostly because I preferred the subtitled version. I did watch the last few episodes of the original run and watched reruns afterward for a couple of years. Haven't seen the whole thing or read the whole manga (aside from the last few chapters).

Not surprised they're not replacing it with another big new acquisition. I do hope one day they'll air The Final Act, it just seems anti-climatic as Hell that they haven't, before or after the Toonami revival.
InuKag1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Lumicite wrote:
Inuyasha was like an old friend that you didn't have to see all the time but you knew would always be there when you need him. I am saddened to see it go.

I know, Inuyasha is just one of those shows you never get tired of and I absolutely love it and can't believe they're getting rid of it after all thus time. Especially since they never aired the Final Act
InuKag1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Keiichi-chan wrote:
thank god.

screw idiots wanting something to be on tv for 'nostalgia' alone. i'm sure the majority of people wanting it to remain on tv haven't bothered to watch it in years.

I still watch it every week. Well, watched it
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Toonami? What's a Toonami when it's at home then? Wink that's a rhetorical question BTW.
Mister, I think that this intended pun requires some explanation.
InuKag1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:55 pm Reply with quote
doomydoomdoom wrote:
Bawwww. Inuyasha was the anime that really turned me on to anime, the first one I was big into, a decade ago. Definitely like an old friend, I was kind of glad they kept it in reserve for all these years. Not that I was watching; mostly because I preferred the subtitled version. I did watch the last few episodes of the original run and watched reruns afterward for a couple of years. Haven't seen the whole thing or read the whole manga (aside from the last few chapters).

Not surprised they're not replacing it with another big new acquisition. I do hope one day they'll air The Final Act, it just seems anti-climatic as Hell that they haven't, before or after the Toonami revival.

It was the first show that introduced me to anime as well and I've been obsessing over it for years. I still watched it every week up until yesterday and I'm gonna miss it. They screwed up my ritual and I have no further use for them
kakoishii

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Ronin2081 wrote:

I know a lot of people expected Final Act to air on Toonami and view this as a bad sign. Just remember they didn't air all of Naruto and still managed to get Shippuden. So there still is a chance they could get Final Act, unlike other shows that could do just as well on Toonami (Tiger and Bunny for example.) Maybe if/when Bleach leaves at the end of the year they will get something else from Viz.

A bad sign indeed. It's sad to see Inuyasha go, but I must I admit, I myself haven't watched it on tv since I was in high school, and that was kind of a long time ago. I'm willing to bet they kept it in the line up because they were trying to negotiate for Final Act, but something must have fallen through because Final Act is kind of old now and yet no sign of it on tv anywhere. This is just conjecture, but I'm not so sure AS has that great of a relationship with Viz. It feels like negotiating for shows with companies that aren't Funimation are almost always an uphill battle, and though we may never know why, I for one would be very interested in finding out why that is. Besides, I think we'd all like to see the day Toonami could get Tiger and Bunny on the air because that show is just awesome in a way that Space Dandy wishes it was.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
Mister, I think that this intended pun requires some explanation.
No explanation needed if one understands the question. Wink
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I know some folks here like to be too angry, smug and having the right to complain to care, but I'm just going to leave this, this and this.
Jex2193

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Case Closed to replace it? Very Happy Lol jk like that's ever gonna happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4